The institute offers a variety of sponsored projects and collaborations with companies to address their specific sustainability issues and allow for hands-on learning by Erb Institute students. Download our reference sheet here.
In Erb Executive Education programs we will explain and discuss topic areas including triple bottom line (TBL) decision-making, materiality assessment, stakeholder engagement, and the business case for sustainability. Our programs are tailored to provide businesses with the necessary tools to determine how these critical ideas and processes impact their operations.
Participants will learn how to:
- Uncover and manage sustainability risks and opportunities
- Develop the leadership skills to foster internal change at your organization
- Navigate sustainability strategies for external stakeholders
- Leverage key points in strategy and operations for short-term profitability and long-term competitiveness
- Understand peer leadership in business sustainability
Programs can take the form of: Workshops, Case Studies, Toolboxes, Roundtables, Research and Training Sessions. Please contact us here if you would like more information on arranging a program for your business.
Read more here:
Erb Institute Partnership Projects
Erb Institute Partnership Projects are an opportunity to engage with the institute and our high-caliber dual-degree MBA/MS students to advance your sustainability initiatives. Are you looking to take sustainability projects off the back burner? Or gain an objective perspective on complicated sustainability questions? The Erb Institute can work with you to meet your company’s specific sustainability needs.
Example project deliverables:
- Strategic assessments of current sustainability risks and opportunities at the enterprise and/or industry levels
- Analyses of emerging sustainability issues to inform long-term planning
- Reviews of industry-specific best practices
- Sustainability and go-to-market strategies
- Decision-making guides to facilitate sustainability integration
- Stakeholder assessment
- Tailored sustainability toolboxes, including actionable step-by-step guidance
Please contact us if you would like more information on setting up a Partnership Project for your business.
These tend to be longer-term collaborations (such as 3-6 months, 1-2 years). Our faculty and senior researchers partner with organizations to focus on key sustainability issues, such as materiality, supply chain, and triple-bottom-line decision-making, to name a few. A precisely defined issue allows leaders to ask the right questions and generate information that is most relevant and increases business value for your company. The institute brings academic rigor to this research, and the resulting cutting-edge knowledge can help give your company a competitive leg up.
Erb Institute faculty, researchers and students collaborate with companies to help them quickly assess risks and opportunities, synthesize findings and develop easy-to-understand, turnkey frameworks for rapid response.
These collaborations tend to be shorter (weeks to months) and focus on pressing business challenges. Most rapid-response projects are staffed with graduate and Ph.D. student teams under the direction of university faculty and researchers. Erb executives-in-residence and institute staff.
Please contact us here if you would like more information on arranging a program for your business.