Website Galvanize Climate Solutions
Location: San Francisco, New York, Remote
We have to accelerate our transition to a clean energy economy because winning slowly is the same as losing. If we do not rapidly cut our emissions, we risk triggering climate tipping points that would have irreversible consequences. Every moment counts.
Galvanize Climate Solutions (“Galvanize”) was founded to be part of the solution. Galvanize combines investment, technical, policy, and communications expertise under one roof. We are organized to create investment strategies across seed, venture, and expansion, to support companies vital to decarbonizing our society. Our investments will be amplified by the Galvanize suite of portfolio services, tailored to be relevant to companies critical to decarbonization.
As our VP of Market Development, you will be responsible for partnerships, network management and convening strategy. This will include corporate, investors, entrepreneurs, Standards bodies and NGOs relevant to corporate/financial audiences. This role focuses on corporate development for Galvanize as a whole, and market development with regard to supporting the commercial growth of portfolio companies. The candidate will also contribute to thought leadership and firm communication strategy. We look for passionate, driven and collaborative individuals that want to be part of the transition to an equitable, inclusive, and decarbonized economy.
- Contribute market development perspective to Impact Team strategies, articulating high level impact/investment themes for various sectors and investment strategies
- Support execution of and contribute to convenings strategy for various Galvanize audiences, including corporate partners, co-investors, Galvanize portfolio companies, and advocates
- Contribute thought leadership content, in line with firm communications strategy
- Coordinate with Impact Team functions (science & tech, equity, policy, impact measurement and management) to ensure smooth delivery of Galvanize portfolio services to underlying investment vehicles
- Be an ally in living Galvanize’s values of ensuring a more equitable and inclusive transition to the Net Zero economy
Create Opportunity for Galvanize’s Portfolio Companies
- At the portfolio level,
- Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders to grow the market for portfolio companies
- Position Galvanize as an important partner in facilitating net zero solutions through participation in relevant industry networks/convenings
- Design and implement programs to showcase Galvanize’s portfolio companies and increase ecosystem engagement
- In context of investment and impact theses for each portfolio company,
- Assist founders with market development strategy, identifying major potential customers and industry groups/convenings to plug into
- Facilitate portfolio company collaborations and introductions
- Develop other relevant portfolio company coaching initiatives as necessary
- Develop metrics to track personal impact on portfolio companies
- Deep alignment with Galvanize’s mission of accelerating critical climate solutions
- Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate development, business development, strategic partnerships, and/or marketing; could be in a large corporate setting, an investment firm, or major charitable organization
- Expertise in climate-related sectors, such as power, mobility, agriculture, carbon removal, resilience, efficiency, and carbon accounting
- Currently possess or have the ability to form new professional networks in various climate industry verticals to bring to bear in service of Galvanize and our underlying investments
- Professional presentation–ability to impress C-suite level executives across Galvanize portfolio companies and relevant industries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to navigate a dynamic hybrid organization and form strong relationships with different kinds of stakeholders
- Graduate degree preferred, but equivalent experience considered
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.