Website Quantified Ventures
Location: Flexible with preference for Washington, DC, metro region
Quantified Ventures (QV) operates a matrix organizational structure, which requires leaders to be collaborative, strong communicators, and willing to share responsibilities. As a key member of the Core Management Team, the Vice President will play a leadership role in contributing to the growth and development of all areas of the business including strategy, business development (sales and marketing), client delivery, interface with QV subsidiaries, and working with QV’s administrative and management team on financial and operational management.
About Quantified Ventures
Quantified Ventures is an outcomes-based capital firm that drives transformative environmental, health, and social impact. Through a process of identification, development, due diligence, and structuring, we design creative and efficient outcomes-based projects and financial transactions for clients, helping to deploy impact capital to scale innovative social and environmental solutions.
We plan, develop, and secure financing for projects and ventures from beginning to end. Our work includes:
- Project design and development
- Financial structuring and new venture incubation
- Investment and fund management
Externally, we go to market in two sectors:
- Sustainability, Resilience, and Environmental Markets (SREM)
Internally, we operate in four practice areas:
- Urban and Coastal Resilience (SREM)
- Forestry and Land Use (SREM)
- Agriculture (SREM)
- Health and Human Services (Health)
The large and growing market for investment capital challenges the notion that there has to be a trade-off between financial and environmental and social returns. By deploying capital to environmental initiatives and social enterprises that are both demonstrating positive impact and achieving sustainability, we are building capacity to address the world’s most pressing challenges. At Quantified Ventures, we simplify access to capital to scale solutions, interventions, and companies that drive true social and environmental change through innovative financing mechanisms.
Leadership and Strategy
- Set corporate SREM strategy, which includes:
- Setting annual financial, client bookings, and delivery and other goals.
- Defining new service offerings and ventures, including scope, target customers, timeline, pricing, value proposition, and partners.
- Coordinate SREM Practice Area Teams, which includes all Quantified Ventures staff working on practice area client projects and strategic initiatives, as it relates to new services and business development opportunities.
- Directly supervise staff who support practice area client delivery engagements and industry research.
- Manage and support staffing decisions, hiring processes, and performance reviews; nurture desired culture and mentor staff.
- Communicate progress in achieving financial, client, staff, and other goals to board; share learnings on evolving industry barriers and opportunities.
Private Sector Business Development, Sales, and Marketing
- Business Development: Serve as ‘SREM’ business development leader to the private sector for the Urban and Coastal Resilience, Forestry and Land Use, and Agriculture practice areas.
- Cultivate relationships with clients, partners, QV public sector lead, QV subsidiaries, and prospects
- Generate new partner and prospect leads
- Establish annual conference schedule and assign attendance roles and responsibilities
- Serve as external and internal industry thought leader
- Sales: Manage the sales management process for ‘SREM’ practice areas as it relates to private sector prospects. Support building and managing capacity to drive all stages of the sales process, including opportunity identification and qualification, proposal development, and contract execution.
- Marketing: Collaborate with VP of Marketing and Operations and other QV leaders to design and execute targeted outreach initiatives to educate and engage the market, generate leads, and build partnerships.
- Build trusted relationships with clients and partners.
- Serve as Project Executive for client engagements associated with the practice areas, and support client delivery quality assurance for all external deliverables associated with the practice area.
Financial and Operations Management
- Own achievement of signings, revenue, expense management, project profitability, and net income targets associated with the three SREM practice areas to achieve stated annual targets.
- Work with QV administrative and management team to provide routine and accurate revenue, expense, and profit forecasts.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative environment that keeps clients’ needs and market opportunities front and center. We seek entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission. More specifically, candidates must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Consulting/Advisory Services: Direct experience managing contracts against a specific timeline, budget, and scope all with an eye towards achieving high client satisfaction.
- Regulatory Affairs & Political Acumen: Experience successfully navigating highly political and regulated business environments.
- Consultative Sales and Business Development: A consultative, disciplined sales and business development approach and mindset that can help introduce outcome-based solutions to buyers and tailor offering and structure to meet client needs.
- Management and Budget Skills: Experience with managing teams and disparate groups in the delivery of advisory services. This includes strategic and budget planning.
- Communication Skills: Has a strong track record of demonstrating excellent communication skills with clients, team members and outside stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant graduate degree preferred.
- 15+ years of blended experience in the areas of project or public finance, business management, public management, consulting, strategy, and/or business development.
- Strong people, and program management skills, with practice navigating complex projects and partner relationships while delivering effectively and on time.
- Experience working with a blend of corporations, governments, water utilities, NGOs, and foundations
- Depth of knowledge across multiple solutions and issue areas that are the focus of the UCR, FLU, and AG practice areas, such as nature-based solutions for stormwater management, water quality and quantity, energy security and resilience, reforestation, outdoor recreation, ecosystem services markets, regenerative agriculture, and carbon credit development.
- Experience developing and/or managing corporate sustainability programs, or engaging with corporates in development of projects that capture revenue from environmental markets such as carbon, mitigation, species, and stormwater.
- Successful record developing products or offerings in a consulting or finance role, and driving revenue through establishing relationships with customers.
- Established network among organizations focused on practice area issues.
- Experience working with, and preferably developing, complex models capable of capturing key business drivers to measure growth, profitability, expenses, efficiency, and productivity.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for creative and critical thinking and complex problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing projects.
- Top-notch listening and communications skills.
- An ability to bring humor, curiosity, joy and humility into this groundbreaking work.
- Passion for advancing the field of innovative finance.
- Willingness to travel (up to 40%).
To apply for this job please visit www.quantifiedventures.com.