Location: Akron, OH
For more than 120 years, Goodyear has been developing products and services that keep the world moving. From emergency response vehicles that save lives each day to aircraft that make global travel possible to the cars, SUVs and trucks that bring people home to their families, Goodyear tires and service play an integral role in bringing people together and making transportation possible.
In our relentless pursuit of forward motion, Goodyear is constantly evolving to improve our performance. In addition to continuously enhancing product quality and developing new innovative technologies, we are also working toward building a better future, to keep the world moving.
In 2018, we launched Goodyear Better Future, our corporate responsibility framework, to enhance the existing governance of our high-priority sustainability focal areas. The framework helps ensure corporate responsibility is integrated into all levels of our organization, promotes communication and awareness, and drives alignment with our corporate strategy and stakeholder priorities.
To fully support this framework, Goodyear is looking to hire a Lead Sustainability Specialist, to join our Corporate Global Sustainability team to help lead and execute strategies for Goodyear’s high priority sustainability topics.
- Coordinate external reporting requirements to frameworks such as EcoVadis & NQC, customer specific sustainability surveys and questionnaires and key investor rankings and ratings
- Lead benchmarking of sustainability related topic management of peer companies
- Research and summarize emerging sustainability related trends, topics and management practices
- Analyze external reporting requirements to inform the business on emerging topics and management expectations
- Collaborate with the sustainability team and cross-functional partners to improve and streamline internal processes, data organization and collection, and communication efforts
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Sustainability, Engineering, or related field required
- Master’s Degree in related field desired; PM Certified and relevant topic area certifications preferred
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience required, could include relevant internships / co-ops
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Analytical skills
- Customer focused
To apply for this job please visit jobs.goodyear.com.