Location: San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Washington D.C.
Through Google.org we invest millions each year in game-changing ideas to make the world a better place. We support innovative technologies and entrepreneurial approaches that take on tough human challenges and scale to help millions of people.
Google.org leads Google’s philanthropy and builds initiatives to invest in nonprofit organizations using technology and innovation to address some of the world’s toughest problems. As part of Google’s commitments to a third decade of climate action, Google.org is supporting partner organizations using technology and data to address climate change.
We seek to improve people’s lives by building and enabling disruptive technologies that change the way society addresses shared challenges. The Social Impact team is seeking exceptional people for roles in software engineering, marketing, strategy and partnerships. We’re looking for folks with the enthusiasm and passion to help solve some of the world’s biggest challenges.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Google.org’s work on environmental sustainability and climate action. Identify unique opportunities for data and technology to contribute to climate action.
- Help set new strategic directions for our work through research, interviews, and analysis. Conduct portfolio and grant-specific research, analysis, and vetting.
- Support the project management of grant initiatives from diligence through execution and impact with a focus on global efforts, the US, and Europe.
- Manage relationships and forge partnerships with grantees, external experts, and across the company — sustainability central team, product teams, comms, marketing, policy, and others — to develop and execute projects and announcements.
- 4 years of relevant work experience; program/project management, strategy consulting, philanthropic organization or social business venture.
- Experience working on environmental sustainability, climate change, or related topics.
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to quickly build expertise in new areas and projects.
- Excellent sense of judgement, ability to move and think fast, and manage complexity.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.