Location: San Francisco, CA, USA. Remote until COVID-19 restrictions lifted (anticipated September 2021 or later).
Target Start Date: June or July 2021
Duration of Contract: One year from start date, with possibility of extension
As Sustainability Program Manager, ESG Ratings and Rankings, you’ll contribute to our ESG strategy and ensure that Google earns credit for our sustainability efforts through targeted engagement with ESG raters and rankers.
The Global Sustainability Team drives the development and implementation of Google’s cross-functional sustainability strategy to further empower action, ensure alignment, drive prioritization, identify new leadership opportunities, mitigate risks, and secure financial and engineering investment. We lead sustainability strategy and programs on carbon, circular economy, water, product integration, reporting, and employee engagement. The Sustainability Reporting Team works to increase external transparency, awareness, and recognition of Google’s sustainability strategy, targets, and performance. For more information, see sustainability.google.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity working with Google Workspace products (e.g. Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) ratings and rankings and associated agencies (e.g. S&P DJSI, MSCI, Sustainalytics)
- Experience with reviewing and responding to ESG rating & ranking reports and questionnaires
- Familiarity with ESG investing and sustainable finance topics such as socially responsible investing (SRI), impact investing, investment stewardship, sustainability bonds, and non-financial reporting
- General understanding of diverse ESG topics, including diversity and inclusion, racial equity, human rights, crisis response, economic/social impact, corporate giving, human capital, public policy, privacy and security, supply chain, corporate governance, health & safety, etc.
- Broad knowledge of key sustainability topics and trends (e.g. climate change, clean energy, carbon footprinting, circular economy)
- Excellent program management skills and comfort dealing with ambiguity
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills. Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder landscape and build effective relationships with diverse cross-functional internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Effective analytical skills including ability to analyze and synthesize data, establish metrics, set goals, identify gaps and opportunities, and develop business cases
- Support development and implementation of ESG strategy
- Coordinate outreach and engagement with ESG ratings & ranking firms such as S&P DJSI, MSCI, and Sustainalytics
- Coordinate input and review of responses to questionnaires and other information requests from ESG rating agencies
- Engage with consultants to provide third-party opinions on ESG score assessments, peer benchmarking, and gap analyses
- Support development of ESG reports, resources, and communications
- Monitor and plan for developments in the ESG landscape
- Support other sustainability projects as needed
Email a current cover letter and résumé to Sustainability-Careers@google.com. Please indicate which of the roles you’re interested in. If you’re interested in more than one role, please rank them in order of preference.
To apply for this job email your details to Sustainability-Careers@google.com