Location: Remote, Connecticut
Edgewell is a global team of over 6,000 visionaries, doers and makers. Our secret is people, and we have an inspiring and collaborative global force of them. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries by making useful things joyful. Together, we reimagine good mornings and endless summers, strive for more sustainable ways to beautify and bond, and do it all with not only confidence but determination.
At Edgewell, we are committed to caring for our planet and spreading joy to everyone who shares it. We believe that sustainability is key to future-proofing our business and strive to embed it into everything we do. We know that having a positive impact on our environment and society today will ensure that we are a successful and responsible business for generations to come. We are seeking a passionate and proven sustainability expert to join our global sustainability team and help us pave our path forward.
The Sustainability Manager for Edgewell is a key member of the Global Sustainability Team reporting to the Sustainability Director. Responsible for leading corporate sustainability initiatives, data analysis and reporting, the Sustainability Manager will partner with key groups across the global company (operations, marketing, R&D, commercial) to develop and implement sustainability programs, including overseeing the company’s carbon initiatives, build and manage data tracking / collection capabilities, and lead internal and external reporting programs.
- Manage sustainability programs and support cross-company sustainability team in achieving 2030 sustainability strategy, including collaboratig across the company to identify and implement sustianability initiatives and strategic partnerships to support Edgewell’s goals and strategies.
- Provide leadership, guidance and programmatic support for cost effective carbon / environmental footprint reduction strategies and impacts across Edgewell’s business; enhance data tracking and reporting capabilities, including overseeing annual CDP reporting.
- Partner with the Operations team to conduct GHG inventory, establish programs to reduce the company’s carbon footprint, implement best practices for GHG data management & lead annual CDP reporting.
- Partner with the Operations team to define, implement, track and report environmental footprint reduction programs in support of Edgewell’s 2030 operational sustainability goals (energy, waste / recycling, water).
- Partner with Marketing & R&D teams to evaluate, quantify, and report material, product and packaging environmental impacts.
- Develop and maintain tools, databases, and other tracking mechanisms to evaluate, track and report implementation and progress against the company’s 2030 sustainability goals and key stakeholder requirements.
- Develop and manage dashboard / database to track and report against Edgewell’s 2030 sustainability goals.
- Analyze and guide Edgewell in preparing for and responding to current and emerging corporate sustainability reporting and data requirements for key stakeholder groups (eg, customers, investors).
- Lead and coordinate corporate sustainability response for key customer inquiries.
- Lead Edgewell’s annual sustainability reporting program and data aggregation, including monitoring and alignment with recognized reporting standards and frameworks.
- Research and analyze sustainability regulations, best practices and trends.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science in Environmental/Sustainable Management, Sustainable Business, or related field to sustainability.
- 7+ Years of sustainability/environmental management experience.
- Experience in and deep understanding of climate risks, carbon footprints and CDP / TCFD / SBTi.
- Experience with leading and implementing corporate / external sustainability reporting practices (eg, CDP, TCFD, Project Gigaton, Higg Index, ESG / corporate sustainability reporting standards (GRI / SASB), etc.).
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead/influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and operationally minded.
- Excellent analytic skills and demonstrate ability to build models using diverse data sources to track, forecast and report on emissions and other environmental data and KPIs.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt, and meet the needs of other in a fast-paced work environment.
- Collaborative and customer orientated.
- A passionate and positive approach to engaging business in building a sustainable and inclusive future.
- Diplomatic with good people skills and ability to influence others.
- Proficient with general office software applications (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
Desirable Education, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business, Science in Environmental/Sustainable Management, Sustainable Business, or related field to sustainability.
- Working knowledge of corporate climate / energy practices including carbon offsets, carbon pricing and renewables.
- Working knowledge of lifecycle assessment tools and other product related sustainability practices.
- Strong sustainability network and knowledge of best-in-class organizations, partnerships and practices.
To apply for this job please visit edgewell.dejobs.org.