Website Ralph Lauren
Location: New York, NY
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren’s reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company’s brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world’s most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon proof of full COVID 19 vaccinations upon hire. Accommodations due to medical or religious reasons will be evaluated in compliance with the law.
- Lead RL’s reporting and sustainability stakeholder engagement in partnership with RL’s Head of Sustainability with the aim of driving alignment and results through close collaboration with many cross-functional teams including: Investor Relations, Legal, Finance & Accounting, Risk, Marketing, Public Affairs and Communications.
- Content Development: Help to create content for internal and external websites and communication channels that drive clarity and credibility around our sustainability strategies, actions and progress
- Ratings & Rankings: Support RL’s submissions to leading ESG research and ratings firms, including Corporate Sustainability Assessment Fashion Transparency Index, DJSI, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, and others
- Reporting: Partner with subject matter experts on issue-specific reporting (eg. CDP Climate and Water, SAC’s BRM); conduct biennial, formal materiality assessments with third party partners and external inputs from stakeholders
- Data Assurance & Quality: Ensure robust IT solutions for maintaining consistent, accurate and investor-grade reporting on ESG performance; Provide oversight for 3rd party verification and assurance of key corporate ESG data
- Policy Tracking: Monitor current and emerging regulatory requirements, stakeholder expectations, elevating business requirements. This includes engaging with industry working groups and associations such as the Policy Hub, Global Fashion Agenda as well as with standard setting and regulatory bodies such as IFRS, ISSB, SEC and the EU and French Government (i.e. EU PEF)
- Competitive Benchmarking: Benchmark RL’s sustainability strategies, results and performance against third-party evaluators and corporate peers; Understand and position RL for the evolving regulations, standards and frameworks for ESG reporting and transparency
- Experience in a sustainability role at a global corporation, with a significant portion of that experience spent on ESG reporting, internal and external stakeholder engagement and strategic communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an established sustainability stakeholder network required
- Understanding of textile and apparel industry: the material issues, impact areas, reporting and disclosure expectations and impending and existing policy/regulatory requirements
- Advanced degree in sustainability and/or business preferred
- Experience With GRI, TCFD, SASB/ISSB, CDP, DJSI/CSA Required
- Collaborative and innovative approach to developing and implementing strategy, with an ability to navigate challenging topics with many diverse partners internally and externally
- A high level of flexibility and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work with global, virtual and cross-functional teams in multiple geographies and across diverse cultures
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.