Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Director of Sustainability oversees the development and implementation of sustainability programs and serves as the subject matter expert on sustainability within the Sports and Entertainment Line of Business. This position provides sustainability leadership. execution and expertise to oversee the implementation and scaling of Aramark’s company-wide Be Well. Do Well. sustainability plan within Sports and Entertainment accounts.
The Sustainability Director will work with the field operations team to manage and continue to develop and mature t sustainability practices and procedures in the areas of local and responsible sourcing, waste minimization, and efficient operation. This individual will work closely with the Enterprise Sustainability team to embed and align company programs and initiatives across the Sports and Entertainment Line of Business.
- Develop, direct and lead the implementation of Aramark’s sustainability platform across Sports and Entertainment. Guides strategies, policies and programs to advance sustainability, in partnership with the Enterprise Sustainability function
- Drives implementation of sustainability program commitments at each account (local sourcing, reducing waste, operating efficiently, etc.)
- Work with LOB leadership and other company Sustainability leaders to promote sustainability planning, and to embed sustainability throughout the business.
- Maintain industry benchmarking and track best practices and trends, specific to sports and entertainment.
- Champion and help lead execution of the company’s Be Well. Do Well. strategy within Sports & Entertainment, including supporting on data collection as well as implementing and identifying GHG reduction strategies
- Partner with key functional groups including Global Supply Chain and Procurement, Hospitality Enablement, Culinary Development and other functions to ensure coordination and collaboration in implementing key sustainability commitments.
- Drives implementation of sustainability program commitments at each account (local sourcing, reducing waste, operating efficiently)
- In partnership with the Enterprise Sustainability and marketing teams and clients, create sustainability marketing and education awareness campaigns and events
- Maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationships. Identify client needs and communicate operational progress. Demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Collaborate with Enterprise teams to deliver and develop sustainability solutions for client locations, and scale across multiple clients
- Work in partnership with Marketing, Communications, and Reporting functions to identify proof-points, narrative content, and success stories
- Collaborate with Enterprise Sustainability function on the development of KPIs, goals and targets for the LOB. Ensure the effective tracking of metrics, gathering quantitative and qualitative data, evaluating impacts and outcomes.
- Partner with operational leaders and functional teams to anticipate, address and deescalate key issues.
- Guide partnership engagement, prioritizing organizations that address synergies and including key partners relevant to the S&E sector (e.g. Green Sports Alliance)
- Candidates must have at least seven (7) yrs. of experience working on and leading sustainability projects, programs, or initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in sustainability/climate change/environmental management or related topic.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team to accomplish sustainability goals from vision to implementation.
- Excellent project management and strong organizational skills and a proven ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of and experience with social and environmental matters, including interconnected issues; ability to understand business and operations of large, complex organization
- Analytic thinker and ability to problem-solve including evaluation and identification of solutions.
- Proven ability to inspire, collaborate and manage internal relationships and cultivate partnerships.
- Proven ability to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of team members, colleagues and senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience influencing without formal authority to accomplish company-wide goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary personal judgment given sensitive content
To apply for this job please visit careers.aramark.com.