Website Sunday River
Location: Newry, ME
Sunday River is looking for an outgoing, analytical, and environmentally conscious person with strong interpersonal skills to become our resort’s Sustainability Coordinator. This role is responsible for guiding Sunday River toward its goal of being carbon neutral by the year 2030.
The Sustainability Coordinator will develop green policies and initiatives that emphasize the proper use of environmental resources with a focus on cost savings and climate change advocacy.
This position will work alongside resort management, Operations, Marketing, Accounting, Ski Patrol, Snowsports, Retail & Rental Departments, and our family of Boyne Resorts and will be responsible for the tracking, measurement, and adjustment of Sunday River’s greenhouse gas calculations and waste management. The right person for this job will take initiative to get any and all tasks completed accurately, proficiently, and in a timely manner.
The Sustainability Coordinator will also help to nurture Sunday River’s culture, environmental advocacy, community relations, industry backing, grassroots events, and level of “sustainability stoke” through a variety of channels.
- Drive the strategy, direction, activities and culture that address sustainability issues while aligning with and supporting business goals
- Work with other departments to complete sustainability tasks
- Initiate, complete, and maintain waste and energy audits for the mountain
- Set waste and energy reduction targets
- Initiate and support/lead cross-functional implementation of short- and long-term projects to reduce Sunday River’s carbon footprint
- Develop near and longer-term sustainability strategies
- Monitor success and opportunities for improvement of sustainability programming, ensuring resort meets set targets
- Be main contact for sustainability questions, comments, or concerns from Team Members and guests
- Research, develop and implement new sustainability-focused products or programs the mountain could use or sell; collect and provide results to NSAA Climate Challenge
- Work with Sustainability Consultants to prioritize work and create roadmap to meet goals
- Must have ski resort experience and a background in environmental issues, sustainability, business development or something similar
- Experience with project management is a plus
To apply for this job please visit careers-boyneresorts.icims.com.