Location: Schiphol, Noord Holland, Netherlands
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
The Sustainability Business Development Lead will develop ways to increase Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate’s (CCC) sales and revenue generated from sustainability products and services, via new or existing market segments and channels. We seek a results-oriented professional who will develop and implement business plans, support sales in providing customer-facing technical sustainability expertise, and cultivate in-depth market knowledge to drive successful execution of our commercial sustainability strategy.
- Identify new sustainability business opportunities and commercial partnerships
- Create business development strategies and annual plans to reach objectives and revenue with targeted accounts; engage qualified leads as identified by marketing and sales
- Provide sustainability expertise and support to assigned customer base, in collaboration with sales, sustainability, marketing, product line management and other internal stakeholders
- Work closely with CCC account managers to understand customer requirements and market needs to enable commercial sustainability goals
- Document and summarize observations on customer needs, competitor intelligence and market trends
- Produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of product/service performance; aggregate customer feedback and explore new portfolio angles, including early-stage innovation
- Represent Cargill at relevant external meetings, tradeshows, and events where customers are present
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in agricultural supply chains, sustainable development, sustainability function, sustainability certification, origin supply chains, economic development or a non-government organization focused on developing sustainable programs in origin countries
- Demonstrated business development / sales / commercial experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%, domestic and international travel
- Master’s degree or other post-secondary degree in a related field such as Humanities, Environmental Sustainability, Business Sustainability, International development or other discipline related to Economic Development, Political Sciences
- Strong collaboration and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strengths in communication with customer face-to-face engagement in large and small groups
- Work/volunteer experience in development countries/regions
- Experience working with Consumer Packaged Goods companies managing supply chains
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cargill.com.