Website NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business
Location: New York, NY
Deadline: June 17th, 11:59 pm EST
The Senior Research Scholar (Senior Research Lead) will work directly with the Executive Director of CSB to shape and implement CSB’s corporate research and partnership agenda related to Return on Sustainability Investment (ROSI), our ground-breaking framework that serves to identify and track the financial business case for sustainability across sectors. Corporate ROSI partners have included Cargill, Aston Martin, McDonalds, National Grid, REI, and a dozen more.
This position will lead ROSI-related initiatives, including advisory services engagements with companies, further design and development of the framework for new sectors and subject areas, writing case studies and articles for business management journals, and building alliances with organizations to encourage the uptake of ROSI by corporates and investors. The Senior Research Scholar (Senior Research Lead) will be instrumental in managing existing projects and designing and implementing new projects as well as helping to socialize the ROSI methodology with CFOs, CSOs, investors, and academics. This position may also engage with the creation and delivery of educational courses to Stern undergraduate, graduate and executive audiences, and will assist with creation of corporate training modules or webinars. The position will oversee a small team of research associates, students and consultants.
CSB’s research aims to reimagine the next phase of capitalism, from a system focused on maximizing short-term shareholder profits, to one focused on creating enduring stakeholder value. CSB defines sustainability holistically, including environmental, social, governance and economic issues. The ideal candidate will share our commitment to sustainable business, and bring fresh ideas for collaborations designed to drive and support transformational change by the corporate and investor sectors.
About the NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business
The NYU Stern School of Business is one of the leading business schools in the country addressing the interlocking issues of ethical business practices, human rights, and environmental sustainability. NYU Stern’s Center for Sustainable Business (CSB) aims to assist current and future business leaders as they develop the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to address environmental and social challenges. By doing so, their business can reduce risk; create competitive advantage; develop innovative services, products, and processes; while building value for society and protecting the planet. The CSB is part of the Business and Society Program (BSP), an interdisciplinary endeavor that prepares and supports business leaders in creating value for shareholders, stakeholders, and society.
The responsibilities of this position include advisory services, research, education and training, and recruitment of corporate partners.
- Design and implement a plan to scale adoption of the ROSI methodology across industries by CFOs, CSOs and investors.
- Develop, manage and implement ROSI corporate engagement projects with support from other CSB staff.
- Continue to build the library of ROSI insights and tools for new sectors and topics.
- Identify and build partnerships with key corporate contacts to facilitate the further development of ROSI, case studies, executive courses, workshops and other partnership opportunities;
- Raise funds for CSB through advisory services, corporate partnerships, sponsorships, etc.
- Develop papers, corporate tools, and communication materials based on research insights
- Manage Research Associate(s), consultants and student research assistants
- Support CSB team and other NYU Stern team members in media outreach efforts to promote corporate research agenda
- Attend relevant conferences to promote CSB research agenda and represent CSB at events
- Support Executive Director in delivery of executive education workshops and assist with the creation and delivery of courses to undergraduate, graduate and executive audiences, as related to ROSI.
- Support other efforts and programming of CSB through student projects and workshops, career development opportunities and others
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years experience working in or with corporations on business sustainability; consulting experience and/or experience working with corporate clients on projects is a must.
- Superb communication skills and ability to present and communicate complex information to a wide audience, including excellent writing skills: write academic papers and business management magazines (i.e. HBR, grant applications, content for websites);
- Ability to scope projects and help to meet company needs through a compelling research and advisory offering; superior client and relationship management skills and ability to manage through ambiguous and changing project topics;
- Ability to brainstorm and learn high-level monetization concepts during the project execution process and translate findings to business leaders
- Ability to gather, evaluate, and summarize published research on sustainable business practices; ability to translate high-level concepts into meaningful learnings and tools for business leaders;
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple research projects and deadlines, involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with teaching and developing innovative educational delivery models, and course development a plus; and
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently, and also as part of a team, and be flexible to manage all aspects of project engagements
Pay will be competitive and commensurate with skills and experience. The job includes full benefits.
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.