Website New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains, NY
The Senior Project Manager Distributed Energy Resources (DER) position is responsible for managing key strategic NYPA projects and programs aimed at achieving organizational commitments towards New York State’s Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (“CLCPA) goals.
The Senior Project Manager works directly with NYPA’s government customers. This position plays a pivotal role in advancing DERs in New York State, and is tasked with originating and developing innovative projects and programs to assist customers with the integration of renewable and distributed energy resources.
- Lead development and implementation of projects in the clean energy space (solar PV, battery storage and additional renewables) within the Renewables Program.
- Initiate customer outreach and education to build relationships with customers.
- Develop and manage proposals on multiple projects and programs for customers, review and validate economic impact.
- Prepare budget proposals, project scheduling and project reporting, and manage consultants and contractors.
- Oversee and participate in the negotiation of complex project agreements with customers in collaboration with Legal and Strategic Supply Management departments.
- Provide renewable energy offerings expertise as a NYPA representative in outreach efforts, conferences, and webinars.
- Partner with key stakeholders in evaluating technical and economic merit of each project and deliver presentations for senior leadership and at Board of Directors’ meetings, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of renewable energy market and ability to stay abreast of emerging business delivery models across multiple technologies including renewables, solar, distributed energy, electrification, and smart grid deployment.
- Strong project management skills to develop project plans, timelines, work schedules, and coordinate with customers, contractors, permitting agencies, utilities, and other third parties.
- Strategize and understand customer needs to provide solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented, with ability to build relationships with suppliers and technical and business resources.
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, quantify, interpret, and report statistical data for presentations to make recommendations that support business strategy.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of business relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in energy program development or clean energy project management.
- Experience or understanding of NY State clean energy markets is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nypa.gov.