Location: San Francisco, CA
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As the Senior Program Manager for Sustainability Strategy and Operations, you will combine your deep sustainability and industry knowledge to develop and implement strategic sustainability initiatives for our data centers and Google Cloud infrastructure.
In this role, you will engage closely with cross-functional energy, sustainability, and operational leads to identify and execute on new initiatives to advance Google’s priorities in 24/7 carbon-free energy and sustainability. You will coordinate across many cross-functional teams to build a cohesive strategy and execution plan in key areas related to tracking and measuring carbon-free energy performance and sustainability leadership, including driving Google views and priorities with key stakeholder organizations and external forums.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in sustainability, business, technology, engineering, science, economics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant experience in corporate sustainability, energy, climate, or relevant non-governmental organization (NGO) working with corporations.
- Experience driving solutions and programs in clean energy, corporate sustainability, and operations.
- Industry knowledge including broad networks with NGOs, relevant academic institutions, industry best practices, and leading edge sustainability trends and concepts.
- Effective analytical skills, including ability to develop business cases, supervise development of analytics and metrics, set goals, and identify gaps and opportunities for new projects and programs.
- Excellent program management skills and comfort dealing with ambiguity.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives in conjunction with cross-functional teams including Energy, Data Center Operations, and Corporate Sustainability.
- Drive new sustainability innovations at Google and industry leadership, particularly in the areas of sustainable systems design and thinking, 24/7 carbon-free energy performance, carbon accounting, and corporate sustainability standards and protocols.
- Establish influence and credibility across internal sustainability teams to ensure consistency of messaging, reporting the work, and priorities of data center energy and sustainability and participating in broad-based strategy setting.
- Lead engagement, partnerships, and advocacy with key external stakeholders including trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, and other allies to advance Google’s strategic priorities and sustainability leadership.
- Lead in the production of original research or supportive materials that support cross-cutting strategy.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.