The Senior Program Manager, National Strategic Engagement (NSE), engages and manages client relationships, develops and leads projects, and heads program implementation for specific initiatives related to affordable housing and sustainable communities, with an emphasis on efficiency and renewable energy. The Senior Program Manager, NSE, collaborates across the organization with all departments as well as with key partner organizations. The position supports the growth of program work throughout Michigan and also, as needed, in Wisconsin, Missouri, and Illinois.
The Senior Program Manager, NSE, reports directly to the Director, Midwest Market Development and Strategy. This position is located in Michigan and is currently remote.
- Develop new programs and strategies focused on improving and preserving affordable housing and sustainable communities that support Elevate’s mission and focus.
- Manage other key projects related to affordable housing and community development, specifically high-performing building certifications.
- Support customer engagement across all markets, including conducting customer outreach, preparing for and participating in client meetings, developing proposals, and coordinating with relationship managers across teams.
- Stay current on affordable housing policies, energy efficiency and green design trends, and available financial and program offerings for building owners and developers.
- Represent Elevate with external clients to promote recruitment of clients in existing program participation or new contracts.
- Connect partner organizations and clients with expertise and resources from across Elevate, such as multifamily, nonprofit, solar, and other utility-funded programs.
- Coordinate across teams and with partner organizations on projects, and support client delivery of programs.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Represent Elevate with local, state, and national energy efficiency stakeholders at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in related field or additional relevant education preferred
- Five or more years of relevant experience in energy efficiency, utility, or other related work
- Experience in and knowledge of multifamily buildings/building systems
- Experience engaging and managing client relationships
- Experience successfully managing projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to engage with clients, partner organizations, stakeholders, and industry partners
- Strong focus on quality and customer service
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as facilitate collaboration and motivate others
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to travel as required
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
To apply for this job please visit www.elevatenp.org.