Location: Midwest, remote
The Senior Program Manager, National Strategic Engagement (NSE), brings Elevate’s mission across the Midwest by supporting the growth of program work throughout Wisconsin, as well as Michigan, Missouri, and Illinois as needed. The Senior Program Manager engages and manages client relationships, develops and leads projects, and heads program implementation for specific projects related to high performance buildings, with an emphasis on building certifications, portfolio energy and water management, and building upgrades including electrification and renewables. This role collaborates across the organization with all departments as well as with key partner organizations.
The Senior Program Manager, NSE, reports directly to the Chief Strategy Officer. This position is located in the Midwest and is currently remote.
- Manage key projects related to affordable housing and community development, specifically high-performing building certifications.
- Support certification processes for affordable multifamily buildings, including Enterprise Green Communities and LEED.
- Conduct in-building assessment work in collaboration with Elevate engineers.
- Support the building upgrade process by coordinating with contractors and other building professionals such as HERS raters.
- Support a team of project managers engaged in building certification projects.
- Support customer engagement across all markets, including conducting customer outreach, preparing for and participating in client meetings, developing proposals, and coordinating with relationship managers across teams.
- Stay current on affordable housing policies, energy efficiency and green design trends, and available financial and program offerings for building owners and developers.
- Represent Elevate with external clients to promote recruitment of clients in existing program participation or new contracts.
- Connect partner organizations and clients with expertise and resources from programs across Elevate, such as multifamily, nonprofit, solar, and utility-funded programs.
- Coordinate across teams and with partner organizations on projects and support client delivery of programs.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Represent Elevate with local, state, and national energy efficiency stakeholders at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in related field or additional relevant education preferred
- Five or more years of relevant experience in energy efficiency, utility, or other related work
- In-field experience working in single family and/or multifamily buildings and building systems
- Experience engaging and managing client relationships
- Experience successfully managing projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to engage with clients, partner organizations, stakeholders, and industry partners
- Strong focus on quality and customer service
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as facilitate collaboration and motivate others
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to travel as required
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
To apply for this job please visit www.elevatenp.org.