Website Schneider Electric
Location: Boston, MA
Our North American eMobility organization is building a team to orchestrate Schneider Electric’s next season of electrification. The market for electric vehicles (EVs) in North America is at a key inflection point set for rapid growth, where in the U.S. for example, the majority of Americans surveyed are likely to buy an EV as their next car purchase. By 2040, BNEF projects EVs reach 74% total passenger vehicle sales in North America, up from 12% in 2025. Given the confluence of a multitude of favorable market conditions coupled with the urgency of the climate crisis, the stage is set for committed players to drive this shift. Take part in Schneider Electric’s new season of electrification, with North America as an essential growth pillar, where our team intends to wield all the tools of the world’s most sustainable company to drive this shift with innovation in hardware, software, power distribution, and energy management. At the core of our work, we are mission-oriented, collaborative, diverse, transparent, and looking for culture adds to generate long term impact.
The NAM eMobility org, a highly visible, high-growth area for Schneider Electric, is seeking a Senior Director of Marketing to lead our marketing team, leading the development and commercialization of hardware, controllers, software and digital services, in most of the eMobility applications (residential, buildings, destination, fleet, etc.). This leader will play a crucial “integrator role,” steering all marketing activities for eMobility in North America, including marketing strategy and vision to achieve NAM eMobility objectives. This role will focus on crafting and implementing the marketing strategy, generating demand for our products and services, defining brand identity, boosting our brand recognition across GTM channels, and providing thought leadership on market dynamics, while supporting our eMobility operational teams. This will be a highly influential and strategic role to support and develop our NAM eMobility culture, offer, and go to market strategies, with an opportunity to build Schneider Electric’s founding NAM eMobility marketing team.
- In charge of defining the marketing strategy and its execution plan for the NAM region within the context of the global eMobility team
- Responsible for the execution of the marketing roadmap, directs and/or monitors business plans and strategic plans in areas such as marketing communications and GTM channels, which could include forecasting, positioning, market share, margins, pricing, etc.
- Understand and follow the evolution of the NAM ecosystem, applications, use cases, and architectures
- Define the end-to-end application needs for e-mobility NAM, with a customer centric approach, at each step of the value chain and translate them into offer marketing inputs, including opportunities for improvement, and needs not met
- Define the offers requirements for the NAM market, in compliance with the local standard, on the hardware, edge and software scope
- Define the marketing roadmap for NAM dedicated adaptations and / or local offers
- Define the business case for investment, supported by the marketing mix of the local offers
- In charge of proposing the partnership strategy and plan to accelerate the development of the NAM business (local and global offers)
- In charge of the end-to-end performance of the NAM local offers
- In relation with R&D and CS&Q, validate the technical, industrial and supply chain choices for the NAM region
- Drives continuous improvement in business process/support systems and cross functional alignment meanwhile ensuring brand management is effectively managed
- Establish specific measures and strategy, either financial or activity based, to monitor performance, and based on results, recommend further action to improve
How you’ll enrich our team
- Build and lead a team of experts across product marketing, offer management, marketing strategy, communications, and innovation
- Support the sales team, channel partners, and government relations to encapsulate our offer differentiation
- Harnessing market data to better inform strategies across all verticals
- Manage content development, event strategy, market access strategies, thought leadership roadmap for market positioning
- Work symbiotically with other business units in Schneider Electric, to best leverage existing resources while building a team within NAM eMobility
- Craft strategies to leverage our substantial existing GTM channels, while coming up with creative approaches to bringing in accretive GTM channels
- Contribute to the development and execution of our NAM business strategy
- Support regionalization and segmentation effort to best position sales team for growth
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA desired or equivalent industry experience
- 10- 15 years of marketing experience
- Robust experience within the EV industry and rapid, high-growth industries
- Extensive knowledge of the market, consumer base, offer landscape, etc.
- Strong ability to offer precise, creative, and impactful articulation of complex ideas
- Proven experience distilling disparate ideas and goals into actionable plans
- Recognized experience in creating customer traction, by overseeing a product roadmap with simple and compelling offers that deliver on premium user experience
- Ample organizational skills, management experience, strategic vision, and knowledge of EV user experience
- Exuding an entrepreneurial spirit, with a commitment to electrification, and an interest in software, technology, sustainability
- Experience within a technology environment, with a successful record of delivering (preferably) SaaS products
- Strong background in marketing, market intelligence and analysis, data, and emerging business models
- Proven record of working collaboratively across various proficiencies while maintaining attention to detail, amidst a growing sector and a corporate prioritization lens
To apply for this job please visit schneiderele.taleo.net.