Location: Seattle, WA or remote
This job contributes to Starbucks success by imagining, creating and delivering innovative products and program strategies for our customers, partners and the business. Uses a customer-centric mindset to identify new opportunities and define problems to solve. Manages the performance of products against operating plans and budgets to achieve Starbucks financial and business objectives, ensuring that optimal results. Works cross functionally to ensure successful test or launch of products and projects. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Product Strategy and Innovation:
- Leverages customer insights and data to present and support new ideas and business opportunities. Including identifying gaps in project/program knowledge and briefing research to uncover and fully define problem and/or opportunity
- Draws upon understanding of business, customer, partner and brand to create strategic direction for Sustainable Packaging platform(s) to deliver against 5- and 10-year goals
- Develops recommendations for innovation and risk-taking, partnering with cross functional teams to determine the best way to bring “big ideas” to life
- Leads the development of project and program level business cases
- Takes a leadership role in the ongoing partnership with a variety of cross functional teams to drive Sustainable Packaging strategies to achieve business and brand goals
- Leads complex projects or multiple projects at once through lifecycle from initial assessment to testing and ultimate roll out
- Leads development and alignment of clear testing plan to drive confidence in proposed solution(s)
- Creates ongoing partnership with peers and cross-functional team to consistently deliver successful projects
- Leads cross functional team successfully through review and approval process, including clearly and concisely presenting to leadership
- Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary):
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Skills (minimum skills required):
- Ability to influence peers and leadership to meet strategic objectives and drive execution
- Ability to lead key strategies and deliverables working collaboratively with cross functional teams to co-create solutions and plans.
- Ability to develop and deliver clear, impactful presentations to leadership (Director and above)
- Ability to draw key themes by making connections from disparate data sources to understand and differentiate customer needs
- Ability to evaluate and lead decisions regarding project/program based on holistic inputs across customer desire, financial viability, operational simplicity, sustainability goals and brand fit.
- Years of experience in specific field or utilizing designated skills (minimum needed to be qualified): 3+ years
- 3 or more years of experience in a role in marketing, brand management or product management
- 3 or more years of experience in a role leading the development of new or existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
- 2 or more year(s) of experience in a professional role with budget ownership
- Education (ideal education level or degree):
- MBA Preferred
To apply for this job please visit starbucks.taleo.net.