Location: Purchase, NY
pep+ (PepsiCo Positive) is the future of our organization – a strategic end-to-end transformation, with sustainability at the center of how we will create growth and value by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for the planet and people. It is our roadmap for becoming the global leader in convenient foods and beverages and a leading actor in the transformation of the global food system. Positive Value Chain is a key pillar under our pep+ sustainability strategy that will transform how we make products in a way that build a circular, inclusive economy while making a positive impact on the planet and people.
The Senior Manager will join PepsiCo’s Global Sustainability Office to support our pep+ sustainable packaging agenda and our vision to create a world where packaging never becomes waste. In this role, he/she will identify, develop, and manage external partnerships that support PepsiCo’s goals to reduce, reuse, and reinvent plastics packaging. The successful candidate will collaborate with external partners within and across different industries to find solutions that advance the circular economy and enable solutions for PepsiCo’s packaging agenda. The role will also support PepsiCo’s work in strategic partnerships across sustainability more broadly.
- Manage ongoing global partnership relationships (such as Circulate Capital, Consumer Goods Forum, etc.) to ensure PepsiCo contributes meaningfully and delivers maximum value
- Represent PepsiCo within consortiums, on committees and at regular/ad hoc member meetings to advance consortium goals
- Lead key workstreams – in collaboration with other member organizations – to advance outcomes of partnerships
- Leverage subject matter experts within PepsiCo, including R&D, Global Procurement and Public Policy teams, to provide critical input and guidance regarding partnership activities
- Stay closely connected to PepsiCo’s internal sustainable packaging agenda and drive partner initiatives that support acceleration of our performance
- Prepare briefing materials for PepsiCo’s CEO and CSO ahead of executive engagements
- Proactively identify and screen new partnership opportunities, with focus on those delivering strategic impact globally and in priority PEP markets
- Serve as a thought partner to the Sr. Director of Sustainability Strategic Partnerships in elevation of key strategic partnerships that cross multiple sustainability topics, and identification of new opportunities
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in sustainability, corporate partnerships, foundations, multilateral organizations, public policy, or other related fields
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate across a broad range of stakeholders to deliver project outcomes
- Strong understanding of sustainable packaging / circularity landscape, trends, and emerging issues
- Outstanding project management skills
- Experience presenting complex information to an executive audience
- Ability to work in matrix organization; handle competing priorities; influence others to deliver performance
- Passion for sustainability
- Love of Consumer Packaged Goods and our brands
- Global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
To apply for this job please visit www.pepsicojobs.com.