Location: United States
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
The Sustainable Operations leader will be part of a team that focuses on delivering on our goals to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2030 in both our plants and warehouses and zero waste to landfill by 2022 in all manufacturing sites. These aggressive goals are driving multiple initiatives to deliver both value and environmental performance in both our plants and in how we deliver our products. In addition to these goals, the person in this role will be responsible for developing and deploying the strategic roadmaps, regional priorities, and critical paths to reduce both our electrical and fossil fuel usage across our facilities as well as our recycling, closed loop and water resources. Further, the role will have the opportunity to work as a contributor to our sustainability report and work as a member for our Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) taskforce. The program lead will work directly with our executive sponsor and drive investment decisions and critical infrastructure needs that can also drive additional productivity and safety enhancements. In line with Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and other reporting, this role will be responsible for creating climate mitigation plans as part of our enterprise risk management assessment and for executing on our water intensity and reuse targets. This role requires close engagement with Global Strategic Sourcing, Global Advanced Manufacturing, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Global Information Systems, and local site teams as well as external partners. In addition, this role will have responsibility to drive tools development and deployment on our ability to measure and drive environmental performance, including water use/reuse and risk.
- Execute a global strategy and timeline to deploy a net-zero operations vision and tools into our manufacturing and warehouse sites and consult to employees.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in process, cost savings, and environmental metrics.
- Act as an internal consultant to inform and encourage sustainable processes to Whirlpool’s manufacturing and (EHS) teams.
- Drive a cross-functional team to develop a comprehensive global execution plan for regional and x-site execution
- Project Manage regional activities and actions towards netzero targets
- Building systems and energy and emissions reductions alternatives selection
- Water reduction and water stress mitigation strategy and execution
- Closed loop evaluations to reduce waste, increase recycled content and reduce costs
- Act as a subject matter expert in green building and renewable energy systems / sourcing, including maintaining and developing tools as well as managing internal and external resources.
- Work with procurement and outside vendors to achieve leverage across facilities
- Support Qualitative and Quantitative Data Collection for the Corporate Sustainability Report – driving and validating with cross functional teams
- Seek and develop renewable energy sources and systems for application on and off site
- Deliver on our world class zero waste to landfill program at our plants and warehouses
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years experience in project management, product development & working with global teams
- Experience with LEED or BREEAM methodologies
- Experience in Power Purchase Agreements and Renewable Energy services / sourcing
- Experience in Recycling and zero waste programs
- Experience in ISO environmental management such as 14001 or 50001
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, Industrial Engineering / Management
- LEED, BREEAM certification
- Recycling and zero waste certifications
- Understanding of water stress and risk assessments and reduction technologies
- Familiarity with circular economy and closed loops for resource efficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the use of basic G-Suite software applications.
- Knowledge of world class manufacturing (WCM) methodology
- Ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analytic skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Work well in a global and diverse team
- Self directed work ethic, strong interpersonal skills
- Working understanding of environmental policies
- Project Management Knowledge (Basic)
- Good Presentation Skills
To apply for this job please visit whirlpool.rolepoint.com.