Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reformation is looking for a brilliant Senior Manager of Social Responsibility to support our sustainable supply chain programs and business operations. The Senior Manager, Social Responsibility will manage the daily operation of the Reformation Sustainability function to ensure factories are in full compliance with applicable legal standards and partnership guidelines. Reporting to the Senior Director of Sustainability, you will track issues, develop recommendations, maintain appropriate policies and continually help to evolve programs and processes for effective implementation and execution to ensure best in class programs with Reformation’s partners globally.
You are smart, highly collaborative and thrive in an ever-changing and fast paced environment. You are passionate about making a difference, have great attention to detail and like to tackle hard problems.
Responsibilities: (fall within supplier onboarding & audits, program reporting & analysis, and program support & continuous improvement)
- Ideate & execute our supplier engagement strategy including onboarding new suppliers, including communicating Reformation standards, coordinating assessments and collecting appropriate documents.
- Oversee the work of contracted third-party monitoring firms – including: scheduling, securing quotes, confirming approval, following up on audit results, and invoicing.
- Responsible for data entry, and tracking of assessment findings, CAPSs; Perform necessary follow-up with suppliers on past due items.
- Strengthen and maintain social compliance data management system and supplier certificates of compliance.
- Work collaboratively to ensure partners complete corrective action plans in a timely manner.
- Escalate high-risk non-compliance issues & recommendations to top management and drive solutions to resolve issues on minimizing risk.
- Determine the supplier rating of existing and potential suppliers.
- Develop mechanisms to collect, interpret, and analyze relevant data to monitor progress against goals and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and other business partners to analyze and manage supplier lists,
- Manage Living Wage collection and analysis for supply chain partners.
- Support and maintain outreach and reporting for Better Buying initiative and our internal vendor scorecard.
- Own social responsibility reporting requests for multi stakeholder initiatives like AAFA/FLA Apparel & Footwear Industry Commitment to Responsible Recruitment and The Sustainable Apparel Coalition’s (SAC) Brand Retailer Module (BRM).
- Maintain and update the Sustainable Partners Guidebook and other related policies and procedures.
- Oversee Reformation’s Fair Labor Association (FLA) accreditation process
- Manage recruitment of suppliers to participate in programming related to Social Responsibility initiatives (e.g. FSLM engagement).
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase accuracy, consistency and efficiency.
- Build and support connections across teams to align and to grow existing Social Responsibility programs and implement new initiatives at scale
- Grow knowledge and compile international and country laws and risks such as: child labor, forced labor, discrimination, wages & benefits, working hours, safety, health & hygiene, freedom of association, and grievance process.
- Monitor industry standards, apply benchmarks and insights, analyze our performance, and make confident recommendations to scale our positive impact
- Create, deliver and track social responsibility training and capacity building workshops (internal and external offerings).
- Support the Customer Love and Marketing teams to ensure accurate social responsibility claims and messaging.
- Support special projects as needed and as identified by Sustainability leadership.
- Manage implementation of social responsibility strategies and projects according to specific objectives and success metrics.
- Knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and international labor laws.
- 5+ years experience in compliance related work that focuses on human rights, health and safety and chemical and environmental safety.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at the same time and deliver to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to filter through and interpret data and research to recommend the best solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (pivot tables), Data Entry, ERP (a plus)
- Be able to work independently and accomplishing team goals without direct day-to-day oversight.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish/Mandarin/Turkish) is a plus
Who you are:
- Have a clear understanding on global sustainability standards and frameworks
- Strong problem solver with excellent organizational skills, and pride themselves on their attention to detail, and the reliability of their reporting
- Show good judgment and discretion; ensure all audit related documents and results remain confidential and well-guarded
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.