The ambition, innovation, and vigor with which we address ESG challenges in the near-term will have a lasting impact on our future. Fueled by our shared passion, the ESG Strategy & Transformation Consulting practice partners with clients across industries and functions to position environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy as a long-term value creation mechanism – for organizations, society, and the planet.
Our practice develops end-to-end, integrated ESG strategy at the enterprise level and drives targeted environmental and social transformation projects for business units and functions. With a firm belief that a strong ESG strategy is critical to a strong corporate strategy, we drive growth, profitability, and impact for our clients through an integrated approach to ESG.
A Senior Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop “thoughtware” and “point-of-view” documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
ESG Strategy & Transformation projects focus on crafting an organization’s ESG strategy to provide the greatest return and value for all stakeholder groups. We also support our clients across their full ESG journey from ideation to execution and maintenance – aligning profit to purpose, transforming and decarbonizing operations, and reporting on progress.
Our ESG Strategy & Transformation team comprises leading business and impact strategy experts that each contribute unique capabilities and insights – including sustainability (climate change; renewable energy; supply chain), ESG (corporate governance; risk assessment; measurement & valuation; reporting & assurance), and purpose (DEI, philanthropy). Our Team brings together decades of experience with leading-edge societal impact organizations, world-class strategy, organizational design, measurement and evaluation, and implementation consulting capabilities.
- 10+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years of experience functioning as a Senior Manager (or equivalent) in a Consulting environment or managing teams in an operating environment; in either scenario, experience focused on Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Strategic Planning, Growth Strategy, Commercial Strategy, and Business Transformation
- 1+ years of experience driving both the sales cycle – by taking the lead in framing out client opportunities and leading the pursuit team to create the proposal content for client discussions.
- Deep understanding of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) topics, including climate change, renewable energy, and DE&I
- Ability to define trends across industries and articulate their impact to clients’ business and strategic choices, particularly as it relates to social impact / purpose-driven focus areas and opportunities for innovation
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
- Limited sponsorship available
- Prior experience with social impact-focused businesses, philanthropies, and nonprofits
- Experience creating strategy program roadmaps and detailed financial business cases for change
- Experience and comfort in using analytical methods to create project analyses and recommendation support
- Familiarity with leading and emerging ESG and carbon disclosure methodologies, frameworks, and reporting mechanisms is highly desirable (e.g., IPCC, GHG Protocol, SBTi, FLAG, GRI, SASB, CDP, etc.).
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA), environmental science, sustainability, or data analytics from a top tier program
- Commitment to bring a DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) lens
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Interest and willingness to collaborate with and mentor junior staff
- Direct experience working with senior executives crafting and implementing strategies for growth and margin improvement at the corporate, business, or product level
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and oral and written communication skills; outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work independently; ability to influence others and lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org