Location: New York, NY
Advisory – Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) – Senior Manager
If you are passionate about sustainability and how Deloitte advances Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues with our clients, join the ESG Strategic Growth Offering (SGO) team. The ESG SGO is the convener/connector of ESG activity within Deloitte (Business, Industry, and Enabling Areas). The ESG SGO is a cross-functional and cross-business team with high visibility across the firm.
Making an impact that matters is who we are. It’s how we go to market with our clients. It’s how we show up in our communities. And most importantly, it’s how we’re cultivating a culture of purpose that empowers you to pursue your passions and to affect large scale positive change. Change that addresses the challenges of climate change, to increase social cohesion and inclusion, and to foster leading governance practices for more advanced stakeholder capitalism to become embedded into the way every organization operates. That is what the ESG SGO is all about—taking the next step in our journey by creating a new firm-wide growth offering to enable measurable, sustainable progress.
ESG has become very important to our clients as they experience increasing levels of environmental risk; changing societal norms; and advocacy from investors, regulators, and consumers. The ESG SGO will capitalize on cross-business opportunities, rapidly scale and strengthen our capabilities, and align with our firm’s core commitment to sustainability and climate change. As a top priority for the firm, SGOs tackle the most transformative forces affecting our clients, and drive impact at scale across multiple Businesses through significant investment.
This role is primarily focused on supporting the ESG team across both on-going operations and priority projects to include but not limited to cross-business coordination, strategy and commercialization, go-to-market and sales, learning and development, marketing and eminence, assets and alliances, and more.
This role will work closely with senior leaders within the SGO and across Businesses, Industries, and Enabling Areas, while balancing operational activities.
- Lead special projects and strategic initiatives, which may include managing project teams related to strategy development, market research, content development, sales enablement, offering development, and asset strategy
- Support the SGO in executing the overall ESG strategy
- Manage financial and non-financial reporting and tracking on the overall SGO and various workstreams and projects
- Engage and collaborate with relevant practice areas and leaders across the US and Global firms in our joint effort to advance the ESG SGO’s aspirations and impact
- Develop executive level presentations and reports, and lead the preparation of meeting agendas and materials for various leadership and team meetings
- Support ESG leadership team in ensuring that the SGO delivers on its goals and targets
- Oversee and suggest improvement of administrative and operational activities and processes
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of prior work experience
- Limited travel (while up to 20% of travel may be necessary for the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, limited sponsorship available.
- MBA/MS or other relevant advanced degree from a top tier program
- Sustainability-related experience and/or knowledge of climate change, ESG, and corporate strategy trends and challenges
- Client service and/or sales enablement or strategy experience
- Strong executive presence with a client service mentality and ability to develop high degree of trust with key internal client base
- High level of proficiency in developing executive level communications/presentations
- Ability to proactively manage multiple workstreams and deliverables with aggressive due dates simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to succeed in both team-based and independent environments
- Demonstrated experience managing small teams to deliver results
- Proficiency in financial planning and reporting a plus
To apply for this job please visit apply.deloitte.com.