Website Central Garden & Pet
Location: U.S. Remote
Central Garden & Pet is on a mission to lead the future of the Garden and Pet industries. With 2021 sales of $3.3B, Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT, CENTA) understands that home is central to life and has proudly nurtured happy and healthy homes for over 40 years. The Company’s innovative and trusted products are dedicated to help lawns grow greener, gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier, and communities grow stronger. Central is home to a leading portfolio of more than 65 high-quality brands including Pennington, Nylabone, Kaytee, Amdro and Aqueon, strong manufacturing and distribution capabilities and a passionate, entrepreneurial growth culture.
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Strategy, the Sr. Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility is responsible for developing and managing Central Garden & Pet’s corporate social responsibility agenda called Central Impact and deploying throughout the organization. If successful, this leader will drive shared value creation for our employees, consumers, business, society and the communities in which we live and work.
Under this role, the Sr. Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility is responsible for conducting an ongoing evaluation of the company’s environmental impact, company and employee involvement in community activities that align with our business areas (lawn, garden and pet) and employee well-being initiatives. The leader will proactively partner with our Business Unit and Functional leaders to develop action plans to address areas of concern and drive those plans to yield forward progress. This leader will also work with third party vendors, community stakeholders, and regulators to implement our Central Impact strategy. In addition, the Sr. Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility will also focus on implementing best practices across Central in support of our sustainability, community health and employee wellbeing initiatives.
The Sr. Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility will work closely with our supply chain and sales teams to minimize the environmental impact of Central’s products, supply chain, and sales channel across all the markets we operate in. The job requires a person who is dedicated to reducing the company’s carbon footprint, at or above compliance of environmental regulations set by the government. The position is multi-faceted and provides the opportunity to be involved at almost every level of our operations and will serve as a catalyst to support social and societal changes with our employees and communities.
Given the significant contribution this role has across Central’s enterprise, the Sr. Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility will have substantial interaction with the company executives and dozens of business leaders responsible for brands, products and functions. Therefore, it is imperative that the Sr. Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility work in strong partnership with our Business Unit, Segment and Corporate teams to successfully advance our Central to Home strategy. This role reports directly to the Vice President, Corporate Strategy.
Measures of Success
- Lead development of our Central Impact Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- Partner with our Business Unit and Functional teams to develop action plans to advance our Central Impact strategies
- Manage our Central Impact strategy, including setting external commitments and managing internal and external stakeholder needs to execute
- Build a team of internal and external resources to manage and drive our Central Impact strategy
- Champion Corporate Social responsibility as an important part of our Central to Home strategy and raise the importance within our business plans
- Create long-term goals, annual objectives, KPIs, audit processes and procedures to measure actions against our Central Impact strategy
- Establish external partnerships with organizations that maximize Central’s sustainability strategy, involving employees, consumers, customers and leads to positive recognition for the company.
- Develop and maintain a database of preferred vendors that considers their cooperation and alignment with Central’s employer, community and sustainability strategies
- Build working relationships with regulatory and public officials to ensure Central is taking advantage of federal, state and local sustainability programs. Identify and monitor emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on corporate social responsibility topics
- Partner with Corporate Communications to develop content and material regarding Central’s corporate social responsibility best practices
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of recent experience in Corporate Social Responsibility related topics or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5+ years of previous experience in Consumer-packaged goods a plus.
- A passion for corporate social responsibility a must.
- Ability to think strategically, identify emerging issues, analyze potential impacts and translate ideas and insights into viable recommendations for action.
- Must possess attention to detail, confidentiality, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and interact vertically and horizontally across the organization.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills with high levels of EQ and successful experience working in a matrixed organizational environment.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.