Location: Hong Kong, Chinahttps://www.target.com/
As a Senior Manager of Environmental Capability Building, you will be part of the team that builds programs that address opportunities that will establish Target as an industry leader that goes beyond compliance to address key challenges relating to social and environmental issues. You will be responsible for scaling and implementing training and improvement programs that measure the impact of Responsible Sourcing & Sustainability strategic initiatives. You will collaborate with internal and external partners to develop curriculums, trainings and assist in program implementation that is critical to improve impacts across the manufacturing supply chain. You will work closely with the Strategic Initiatives Owners, Business Integration, and Supply Chain Manager teams to ensure our programs and training drive meaningful progress towards Target’s policies and goals. As part of a global team you will build relationships both internally and externally to accelerate positive impact for people across the globe, enable sustainable business growth, be a catalyst for change and inspire others to do more.
- Plan and implement scalable initiatives with broad scope using established project management principles
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop curriculums, trainings and assist in program implementation that is critical to improve impacts across the manufacturing supply chain
- Build meaningful networks of relationships with external organizations including other brands, NGOs, consultants and international organizations to position Target as an informed industry leader and progressive force for good
- Partner with cross functional teams to provide expertise and insights to drive systemic change and continuous improvement
- Influence and drive strategic engagement & partnership with cross-functional leaders and peers to help integrate sustainability into the way we do business
- Educate and support cross-functional leadership and business partners in setting and enhancing their own sustainable business performance
- Provide proactive sustainability insights to the organization to drive updates to Target’s policies and goals
- Leverage data, analytics and reporting to provide guidance to support business decisions and inform purchasing practices
- Build coalitions and drive scalable initiatives in collaboration with others
- Operationalize new and emerging business strategies and capabilities
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree is preferred
- 5-10 years of experience, RS and/or policy/advocacy experience a plus
- Experience working with global teams/business partners
- Expert knowledge of environmental regulations/issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple, clear communications and scenario building.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking with the ability to plan, organize and execute.
- Understanding of macro environment trends and curiosity of the global landscape
- Ability to analyze information to drive business decisions, manage project plans and resources.
- Strong leadership, performance and change management skills
- Respects, appreciates and is curious about differences related to working with others; committed to fostering an inclusive team
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.