Location: Fremont, CA
The Senior Environmental Sustainability Data Analyst will play a key role in Tesla’s Environmental Sustainability, Social Responsibility, and Governance (ESG) strategy by managing and continuously improving Tesla’s environmental data collection, analysis, and reporting processes for Tesla-operated locations. The Senior Environmental Sustainability Data Analyst will report to Tesla’s Global Manager of Environmental Affairs and will work with Tesla’s Environmental and ESG Teams to establish environmental sustainability goals, identify environmental footprint reduction projects, and monitor and report on Tesla’s accomplishments to internal and external stakeholders.
- Implement and manage global, standardized processes to collect, analyze, and report on environmental sustainability and related financial data that align with selected environmental sustainability reporting frameworks.
- Work with Tesla’s EHS Information Technology and Systems team to select, design, and continuously improve the software tools used for environmental sustainability data collection, calculations, analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
- Collaborate with Tesla BI and data engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve and automate data collection processes and connect to data sources to assure timely, consistent, and accurate data collection.
- Collaborate with Tesla’s ESG and environmental teams to establish carbon/environmental footprint reduction goals/targets.
- Analyze environmental sustainability data and work cross-functionally to identify and evaluate carbon/environmental reduction projects, support project implementation, and monitor and report on results.
- Prepare documentation of Tesla’s environmental sustainability data collection, analysis, and reporting processes and results.
- Establish quality assurance processes to ensure accurate analyses and reporting and alignment with reporting standards and coordinate third party validation activities.
- Coordinate with Tesla’s ESG Team and Council to prepare environmental sustainability calculations for ESG reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Environmental Management, Data Science, or a similarly technical and engineering-minded field preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience developing processes and preparing environmental calculations that align with the leading ESG frameworks including World Business Council for Sustainable Development guidelines on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting Protocol, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), and the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
- Experience contributing to Corporate ESG Reports.
- Experience developing environmental data collection systems, tools, databases, and/or software.
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze data, leveraging information to provide clear, concise and supported recommendations for action.
- Interest and experience in common and best practices covering environmental sustainability.
- Capacity to work independently and simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under deadline pressure.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI, and SQL
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.