Website Closed Loop Partners
Location: New York, NY
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an investment firm comprised of venture capital, growth equity, private equity and project finance as well as an innovation center focused on building the circular economy. We have built an ecosystem that connects entrepreneurs, industry experts, global consumer goods companies, retailers, financial institutions and municipalities. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, supply chain optimization and landfill diversion.
The Center for the Circular Economy is the innovation arm within Closed Loop Partners. The Center is a place where global brands and business leaders convene to address industry-wide material challenges and to implement systemic change that advances the circular economy. Our work is underscored by the framework of Innovate-Test-Scale, whereby we seek to advance the development of new circular solutions through necessary, iterative, repetitive loops of innovation and testing. The Center seeks a purpose-driven manager to work in close partnership with the Center’s managing director and project directors to identify strategies and set the vision for our ambitious, complex consortia.
- Working closely with the Center’s Managing Director, co-create and implement a vision for complex, multi-workstream, multi-year projects that include technical, material, supply chain, and infrastructure challenges and tap stakeholders across the entire value chain
- This position is based full-time in our NYC office.Identify and engage appropriate stakeholder and advisory partners for every facet and stage of complex, multi-year projects across sectors including packaging, textiles, electronics, food, and the built environment
- Identify staffing and project resourcing priorities in parallel to employee capacity building
- Own process-building and operational implementation to ensure CCE team has standardized assets and processes across projects and Center initiatives, teams work effectively, and inter-team collaboration is streamlined and consistent
- Work closely with the Center’s Fortune 500 partners to identify gaps and opportunities and set the vision, goals, and successful outcomes of Center initiatives
- Working closely with the CLP Managing Directors, identify and close on business development opportunities across sectors, cultivating new partners and growing opportunities with existing partners
- Identify and recruit in-house and external resource needs across every stage of the project scope
- Identify and review potential project opportunities and draft and maintain new project proposals, budgets, and timelines
- Set and track KPIs to ensure initiatives are impactful and are meeting stated goals, while building on and complementing CLP fund team’s knowledge and strategy
- Working closely with the Center’s Communications team, strategize on storytelling and visually and textually compelling ways to share our work across diverse audiences
- Support the continued development of an inclusive culture and diverse team
- Minimum 15 years professional experience within a CPG, retail or industry setting
- This position is based full-time in our NYC office.
- Familiarity with areas such as product innovation, sustainable sourcing, plastics, alternative materials, supply chains, and recovery systems
- Ability to set a long-term vision, achieve short-term milestones, and establish team-wide processes and systems
- Established network of industry contacts
- Demonstrated fundraising track record
- Experience managing staff and consultants on complex, multi-year projects
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Strong critical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and the circular economy
- A dynamic, enthusiastic individual who can take a leadership role within a team-based, collaborative environment
To apply for this job please visit www.closedlooppartners.com.