Location: Minneapolis, MN
As the Senior Designer/Engineer, Circular Capabilities + Education, Responsible Design & Strategy you’ll be accountable for championing the advancement of environmental sustainability within Owned Brand products. You will be responsible for supporting the Responsible Design Strategy for OBPDM, fueled by the values of Target Owned Brands. Under the direction of the Director of Responsible Design & Strategy, you will collaborate with teams across the Target Enterprise and external partners (Agencies, NGOs, Industry Trade Groups, Business Partners) to drive Responsible Design practices, goals and strategies that inspire and guide brand and category teams. You will be accountable for and lead Responsible Design and Development processes, which include:
- Knowledge Build and Share: Champions responsible product practices. Actively participates in the development and delivery of responsible design resources and trainings to inspire and educate OBPDM team members on sustainability, circular mindset and design approaches. Supports the creation of tools, metrics and measures to monitor progress against responsible design strategy, product objectives and performance goals. Serves as the central point of contact for peers on the subject of circular design principles as it relates to responsible product design. Leads the 360 Collective in research, guidance, and support for front end discovery in the design process.
- Research and Development: Stays abreast of insights and trends in Responsible Product Design through regular research and expert sources to identify specific guest needs and translates knowledge into owned brand products and experiences. Synthesizes and integrates information to influence product teams in delivering meaningful responsible product offerings to all guests.
- Internal and External Partnerships: Builds relationships with internal and external partners including Agencies, NGOs, Industry Trade Groups and Business Partners to elevate responsible product development. Represents Target at relevant external moments to track environmental and cultural trends, enabling a comprehensive mindset and approach. Supports Target’s relevance in the space, including conferences, collaborations, and sponsorships. Collaborates extensively with internal partners to ensure acumen building of OBPDM team is aligned with Enterprise.
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Product Design & Management organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
- 4-year college degree in Design, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Elevated knowledge or experience in Circular Design & Sustainability
- Elevated knowledge or experience in Product Research and Design
- Exceptional at developing partnerships
- Outstanding oral, written and visual communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Comfortable taking risks, driving change and supporting creativity
- A growth oriented, learning mindset and the ability to inspire others to seek and embrace change
To apply for this job please visit target.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.