Website Center for Sustainable Energy
Location: San Diego, CA
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
The Senior Coordinator supports various Clean Transportation and Distributed Energy Resources projects that contribute to CSE‘s mission to decarbonize This role will work closely with project managers, specialists and subject matter experts to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality work products, build and maintain strong partner and stakeholder relationships and support various aspects of project management including scope and budget management. The role will primarily focus on the California Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Project (CALeVIP) as well as a number of DER demonstration projects, but may expand into other areas as needed. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to a future with sustainable, equitable and resilient transportation, buildings while gaining valuable knowledge and project management skills in a high-growth industry.
- Support day-to-day program activities including collaboration with team members to develop tools and resources for target audiences. Tap into technical knowledge and stakeholder familiarity to ensure tools and resources align with both established technical standards and project requirements.
- Interact extensively with stakeholders; develop and maintain strong relationships to inform stakeholders of ongoing program developments. Develop and deliver messages to target audiences via newsletters, direct marketing materials, presentations, web content, social media, etc.
- Create program reports and presentations. Contribute to data analysis and writing of building performance program reports.
- Develop and refine standard operating procedures; review and approve incentive application materials that require advanced knowledge and/or discretionary decision-making ability to ensure compliance with program requirements.
- Make recommendations on future program design, including needs assessments, drafting proposals, creating content, preparing marketing materials, and evaluation and reporting.
- Accurately track program data in Excel and/or customer relationship management software; organize and analyze data to inform reporting requirements and program design improvements. Ensure that procedures are working to achieve program goals and to support efficient processes.
- Support PMs with client and subcontractor invoicing, expense tracking and budget management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of project management principles and best practices with data entry and documentation.
- Extremely detail-oriented; exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – demonstrated ability to produce high quality written work products, speak in public and/or present webinars
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with data entry and databases.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) to create well-formatted documents and materials.
- Proficient in typing, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication.
To apply for this job please visit energycenter.org.