Location: Detroit, MI
Do you like to challenge the status quo? Does curiosity feed your soul? Are you addicted to the thrill of creating? Do you want to be your authentic self at work? Then consider a career within our Supply Chain practice. Creative design, state-of-the-art technology, and your imagination merge here to create lasting impact for our clients. Not to mention make for a pretty fun and meaningful career! We work with clients to solve their most complex and strategic operational challenges. Our team spans the supply chain from procurement to manufacturing and all through connecting the supply to the customer. In today’s world we can’t do that without working together across the supply chain and using data and analytics to get our clients insights in real time, all the time. Many of our clients are trying to keep up with companies based solely on an interconnected supply chain; we modernize their supply chains using artificial intelligence, machine learning and connected products resulting in a competitive asset for the entire organization.
To support our growing sustainability practice, we are seeking an experienced senior consultant with a track record of successfully leading teams on sustainability issues; an integral component of our ability to meet client demand and deliver differentiated services in this area.
Working within Deloitte Consulting’s Sustainability offering, this role will provide additional depth to complement our existing team in addition to bringing additional depth to our capabilities.
Illustrative activities include:
- Leveraging your strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills to work alongside clients at all levels to help them make decisions and implement enhancements to their organizations’ strategy, performance, and reputations.
- Providing leadership to junior team members.
- Supporting development of our go to market activities, demonstrating ability to generate leads and expand our opportunities in this area.
- Utilizing your corporate sustainability subject matter knowledge to lead on select business development activities.
- Holding and continuing to develop fluent knowledge of corporate sustainability practices.
- Supporting development of our white papers and other thought leadership.
- Developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders across the firm.
- Broadening relationships beyond sustainability function clients and working alongside others.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- Experience with MS Office Suite and Tableau
- 5+ years experience in corporate sustainability, with focus on ESG strategy, sustainable supply chain, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting, and/or life cycle assessment (LCA)
- Experience with climate change
- Team lead experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Travel 50% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Aptitude for identifying, establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders Understanding of GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard and experience implementing in professional environment Understanding of the principles of lifecycle assessment ( LCA ) and experience implementing in professional environment Understanding of the science behind climate change, and of climate change related risks and opportunities for businesses Excellent written and oral business communication skills and comfort deriving insights from data Consulting experience Proficiency with SQL, Alteryx, and other analytics tools Experience with TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDP and/or other sustainability reporting standards.
To apply for this job please visit apply.deloitte.com.