The ambition, innovation, and vigor with which we address ESG challenges in the near-term will have a lasting impact on our future. Fueled by our shared passion, the ESG Strategy & Transformation Consulting practice partners with clients across industries and functions to position environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy as a long-term value creation mechanism – for organizations, society, and the planet.
Our practice develops end-to-end, integrated ESG strategy at the enterprise level and drives targeted environmental and social transformation projects for business units and functions. With a firm belief that a strong ESG strategy is critical to a strong corporate strategy, we drive growth, profitability, and impact for our clients through an integrated approach to ESG.
ESG Strategy & Transformation projects focus on crafting an organization’s ESG strategy to provide the greatest return and value for all stakeholder groups. We also support our clients across their full ESG journey from ideation to execution and maintenance – aligning profit to purpose, transforming and decarbonizing operations, and reporting on progress.
As a Senior Consultant at Deloitte, you will be expected to contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Provide service excellence by leading work streams or components of large, complex engagements for clients
- Oversee the detailed, quantitative and qualitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to address clients’ biggest challenges
- Contribute to the quality of deliverables and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
- Help develop practical solutions and methodologies, “thoughtware”, and “point-of-view” documents
Our ESG Strategy & Transformation team comprises leading business and impact strategy experts that each contribute unique capabilities and insights – including sustainability (climate change; renewable energy; supply chain), ESG (corporate governance; risk assessment; measurement & valuation; reporting & assurance), and purpose (DEI, philanthropy). Our Team brings together decades of experience with leading-edge societal impact organizations, world-class strategy, organizational design, measurement and evaluation, and implementation consulting capabilities.
- Minimum of 5 years of consulting/and or industry experience, or an MBA with 2+ years of relevant work experience; in either scenario, experience focused on Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Strategic Planning, Growth Strategy, Commercial Strategy, and Business Transformation
- Deep understanding of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) topics, including climate change, renewable energy, and/or DE&I
- Ability to interpret trends across industries and articulate their impact to clients’ business and strategic choices, particularly as it relates to social impact / purpose-driven focus areas and opportunities for innovation
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with senior executives crafting and implementing strategies for growth and margin improvement at the corporate, business, or product level
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and oral and written communication skills; outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work independently; ability to influence others and effectively collaborate and lead small teams
- A Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte’s consulting offices
- Limited sponsorship available
- Prior experience with social impact-focused businesses, philanthropies, and nonprofits
- Experience creating strategy program roadmaps and detailed financial business cases for change
- Experience and comfort in using analytical methods to create project analyses and recommendation support
- Familiarity with leading and emerging ESG and carbon disclosure methodologies, frameworks, and reporting mechanisms is highly desirable (e.g., IPCC, GHG Protocol, SBTi, FLAG, GRI, SASB, CDP, etc.).
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA), environmental science, sustainability, or data analytics from a top tier program
- Commitment to bring a DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) lens
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Interest and willingness to collaborate with and mentor junior staff
To apply for this job please visit apply.deloitte.com.