Location: Seattle, WA (hybrid)
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Senior Climate Action Analyst will play an integral role in implementing key programs to support Brooks’ Climate Roadmap and our efforts to meet our science-based targets to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. You will bring strong technical expertise and a deep understanding of carbon accounting. You will lead our efforts to address our contribution to climate change by focusing on the development and execution of initiatives that help improve our understanding of our impact and bring insights across the organization that in turn highlight opportunities to reduce carbon emissions. This role will also lead our efforts to scale our product take-back program.
- Responsible for Brooks’ annual scope 1, 2, and 3 corporate greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventory, including data collection, emissions factors updates, emissions calculations, verification, and data accuracy improvements.
- Lead GHG footprint analysis and develop insights and feedback to relevant teams.
- Responsible for Brooks’ science-based carbon reduction and net zero commitments, including conducting re-baselining when necessary and SBTi resubmissions.
- Track progress against Brooks’ carbon emission reductions commitments from both an absolute and intensity perspective.
- Own the maintenance and evolution of Brooks’ Climate Roadmap for emissions reductions, including modelling new emissions reductions strategies.
- Develop, execute, and scale the integration of carbon visibility across the organization.
- Responsible for project managing specific carbon reduction initiatives – keeping relevant teams accountable and on track.
- Responsible for leading Brooks’ carbon offsetting program including annual carbon credit purchase and retirement, and carbon offset project development.
- Lead Brooks Environmental Attribute Certificates (EACs) program.
- Engage with the business leaders across Brooks to inform and present, collaborate on how to execute initiatives and gain leadership buy in. Manage the development, execution, and scaling of Brooks’ product take-back program.
- Responsible for completing annual Higg BRM, subsequent verification, and developing insights and recommendations to improve performance.
- Contribute to internal and external Corporate Responsibility communications & transparency efforts
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technology and regulations and provide recommendations to inform future programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in corporate responsibility, sustainability, environmental science.
- 5+ years’ experience in sustainability or relevant work, preferably within the footwear, apparel, or textile industry.
- Strong carbon accounting expertise with at least 3 years of developing and calculating corporate wide greenhouse gas inventory for Scopes 1, 2 and 3.
- Excellent understanding of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) protocols and science-based carbon reduction methodologies.
- Experience using carbon calculator/software.
- Experience with the voluntary carbon offset market.
- Experience working on circular economy initiatives preferred.
- Good understanding of environmental issues in the footwear and apparel industry.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills and a passion for data driven approaches.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to create strong and meaningful relationships with stakeholders including internal teams, suppliers, and any other 3rd party organizations to drive change.
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient skills in MS Office suite and other data analysis and visualization programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if needed.
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Runner first, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There’s No “I” In Run, Keep Moving.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.