Website Quantified Ventures
Location: Flexible with preference for Washington, DC, metro region
As a member of the Quantified Ventures SREM practice, the Senior Associate will play an instrumental role in contributing to the growth and development of all areas of the business including transaction structuring, business development, product development, and client service delivery. The Senior Associate will report to a Director or Associate Director.
About Quantified Ventures
Quantified Ventures is an outcomes-based capital firm that drives transformative environmental, health, and social impact. Through a process of identification, development, due diligence, and structuring, we design creative and efficient outcomes-based projects and financial transactions for clients, helping to deploy impact capital to scale innovative social and environmental solutions.
We plan, develop, and secure financing for projects and ventures from beginning to end. Our work includes:
- Project design and development
- Financial structuring and new venture incubation
- Investment and fund management
Externally, we go to market in two sectors:
- Sustainability, Resilience, and Environmental Markets (SREM)
Internally, we operate in four practice areas:
- Urban and Coastal Resilience (SREM)
- Forestry and Land Use (SREM)
- Agriculture (SREM)
- Health and Human Services (Health)
The large and growing market for investment capital challenges the notion that there has to be a trade-off between financial and environmental and social returns. By deploying capital to environmental initiatives and social enterprises that are both demonstrating positive impact and achieving sustainability, we are building capacity to address the world’s most pressing challenges. At Quantified Ventures, we simplify access to capital to scale solutions, interventions, and companies that drive true social and environmental change through innovative financing mechanisms.
Playing a key role in client project teams that are responsible for:
- Conducting due diligence on prospects and potential transaction partners and stakeholders;
- Conducting research on client issue areas;
- Identifying and/or developing effective, scalable, and compliant interventions;
- Drafting program and/or intervention budgets;
- Building economic and financial models to price outcomes, assess the impact of recommended interventions, and predict future revenues, savings, and/or cash flows;
- Facilitating and supporting client working sessions;
- Developing, drafting, and negotiating financing and outcomes terms and structure; and
- Leading investor outreach and syndication process.
- Facilitating key aspects of the client delivery process. This includes time and resource budgeting, timeline management, deliverable preparation, client and stakeholder management, invoice and expenses accuracy, and contract management.
- Supporting business development activities as a subject matter expert, including drafting proposal scopes, preparing and delivering pitch presentations, and enhancing industry presence and thought leadership by drafting white papers and blogs.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of internal organizational processes and protocols.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative consulting environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We seek entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission.
Our work is focused on developing and financing solutions that improve the environment and equity, including environmental justice for underserved communities. Strong equity skills and analysis are important to our work, as is the diversity of our team – across race, gender, class, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
More specifically, we seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree. A graduate degree (MBA, MS, MEM, MF, or MPA/MPP) is preferred
- At least 4 years of experience in the areas of finance, economics, business management, strategy, public policy, or a related field
- Experience in environmental policy or finance, such as water resources, flood management, coastal management, species and habitat management, forestry, agriculture, energy, natural resource management, sustainability, and climate change resilience
- Experience developing quantitative models, such as economic cost-benefit models based on research data, and financial models for transactions or businesses, particularly using Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, especially in translating quantitative and qualitative conclusions into actionable, understandable recommendations and guidance for clients and leadership teams, particularly using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, including the ability to quickly synthesize and summarize critical findings and unfamiliar topics
- Ability to manage multiple and competing project responsibilities, both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- An aptitude for critical thinking and complex problem solving
- An ability to bring humor, curiosity, joy and humility into this groundbreaking work
- Passion for advancing the field of innovative environmental finance
- Knowledge of or experience with project-based lending and/or debt markets
- Knowledge of or experience working with environmental issues or regulations at the federal, state, and local government levels
- Experience developing complex models capable of capturing key business drivers to measure growth, profitability, expenses, efficiency, and productivity
- Strong people and program management skills, with practice navigating complex projects and partner relationships to seek consensus amidst other priorities like time and budget constraints
- Depth of knowledge across multiple solutions and environmental issue areas, such as nature-based solutions for stormwater management, energy security and resilience, reforestation, outdoor recreation, ecosystem services markets, regenerative agriculture, and carbon credit development
To apply for this job please visit www.quantifiedventures.com.