Website World Resources Institute
Location: Washington, DC
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to support one of WRI’s high impact initiatives to increase the ambition of the private sector to reduce GHG emissions. You will part of a team of highly motivated individuals working on science-based target setting for greenhouse gases. You will be a project manager and lead research, manage stakeholder processes, and author publications on a range of topics related to science-based and net zero target setting. You will be part of a Technical Working Group team that includes staff members from several external organizations.
This position is remote due to Covid-19, but you will be based at WRI’s office in Washington, DC once restrictions have lifted.
- Participate as a senior team member of the SBTi Technical Working Group
- Participate in the development of the TWG’s annual workplans and research agenda
- Manage development of sector specific guidance on Science-Based target setting
- Lead in authoring research papers related to Science-Based Target setting
- Manage advisory services project supporting companies to set and implement Science-Based targets
- Support in developing communications material related to the research such as case studies, blogs, etc.
- Represent the SBTi externally and at conferences, events, etc.
- Master’s in relevant field such as Environmental Sciences, Environmental or Energy Economics, Environmental Policy, Environmental or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 to 14 years of full-time work experience related to corporate greenhouse gas management
- Experience managing staff and projects
- Experience working in a loose management environment of 3+organizations ideal
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing, with fluency in English
- US work authorization required for this position. WRI is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this opportunity
Potential Salary: $96,000 – $130,000. Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.