Locations: New York, NY; Dallas, TX; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Boston, MA; and Houston, TX
A career in our Sustainability and Climate Change practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. Sustainability and climate change are at the top of the agenda for many organisations, but many are at different stages in understanding how they should respond. As part of our team, you’ll help our clients balance competing economic, social and environmental goals. Our advice goes right to the heart of policy and strategy, addressing everything from the international development policies of major donors to changing regulations and consumer preferences, to the security of supply chains, climate risk and the challenges of urbanisation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3 year(s)
Preferred Fields of Study: Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Business Communications, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainability or related field
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of and/or a proven record of success in directing effortsin the following areas:
- ESG/Sustainability Strategy; Climate Risk Modeling and Management; Sustainable Finance; and/or Sustainability/ESG Reporting.
- An ability to analyse strategic, operational, risk and financial implications of sustainability trends and translate these into commercial impact;
- Data analysis and visualisation skills, comfortable working with large datasets in Excel, Alteryx and/or Tableau;
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success involving leadership, strategic and creative thinking, problem solving and individual initiative, to accomplish and/or manage the following results:
- Advising clients on sustainable finance related solutions;
- Developing sustainable consulting solutions and products;
- Teaming with others, including building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and seeking and providing guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Communicating effectively in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats, including strong moderation skills with an ability to build empathy and to understand and manage personal agendas;
- Participating in business development activities; and,
- Contributing to recruiting and developing ESG talent.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.us.pwc.com.