Location: Minneapolis, MN
A role with the Corporate Responsibility team is a chance to help develop Target’s in-house, sustainability data capability that will leverage Target’s many data assets. We see data as a product and an opportunity to experiment and refine our approach to tackling critical measurement and reporting challenges, bringing our guests sustainable and inclusive products, and enabling our team members to make more sustainable choices. You will help strengthen our ‘investor grade’, sustainability data and ensure that it is accurate, transparent, and consistently available for business decisions, guest strategy development, and rigorous internal and external reporting. You will toggle between maintaining and enhancing our foundational data and analytics, and supporting data creation for our new 2030 ambitions and goal portfolio. You will assist in ESG measurement and metric development critical to external and regulatory reporting, as well as the development of data governance and controls.
This is how we bring to life what wasn’t possible yesterday, and fuel our 2030 enterprise sustainability strategy. Together, we will navigate ambiguity, processes and interdependencies that require exceptional data exploration and collection, measurement and analysis—ultimately enabling Target to grow its reputation and drive social and environmental change. This is a role for someone passionate about data, discovery, and strategy, coupled with a deep desire to provide broader benefit to people and planet.
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working within Corporate Responsibility (CR) means you will be part of a team that helps shape Target’s environmental and social strategies to drive impact for our guests, team members, communities, and planet. Our work spans sustainability, philanthropy, stakeholder engagement, measurement and reporting, and more. Your mission will be to enhance Target’s reputation across the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) landscape by supporting a data and analytics capability that enhances decision-making, fuels business strategies, and drives external and regulatory reporting. Bring your passion and expertise to help Target leverage its size and scale to benefit people and planet.
As a Lead Data Analyst with the Corporate Responsibility team, you will take the lead as you…
- Drive our data-driven culture, work closely with Product, Engineering and Finance teams, championing the use of insights that will direct their efforts towards initiatives with the highest impact.
- Serve as the primary contact and analyst subject matter expert for the Data Sciences teams, advising on the product measurement plan, and facilitate the routines to identify priorities and gaps across multiple products while mentoring and guiding best practices of other analysts
- Develop and improve routines around prioritization and best practices, with the ability to negotiate for the best outputs and benefits to Target, our guests, and key stakeholders
- Analyze and explore data in our diverse, systems ecosystem (bigred, Spark, Label Insights, Greenfield, etc.), work with product owner(s) to design a measurement plan and metric hierarchy, analyze the product performance, and provide strategic recommendations. You’ll use your analytical expertise to help determine priorities and areas of focus.
- Synthesize analysis and results in compelling storylines and communicate to influence key stakeholders. You should have the ability to tell a story around the problem, the solution and the impact, and value of implementing a solution
- Identify new data to be collected for measuring the success of new products and features, define KPIs, and work with engineering on tracking and operationalizing data.
- Leverage descriptive statistics and AB Testing practices to determine best path for optimization
- Design and build self-service dashboards using a mixture of analytical and visualization techniques to derive actionable insight from data to influence business and product decisions
- Democratize data and insights as you strive to deliver self-service tools to your partners and enable them to make better decisions more quickly.
The Lead Analyst will report directly to the Director, Product Management. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance in a quantitative field; or strong equivalent experience
- 6+ years of work experience in analytics, consulting, product, or engineering, in digital retail or consumer software company
- Advanced SQL experience writing complex queries
- Familiarity with Machine Learning capabilities and benefits
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with product management, operations and business leaders to develop product roadmaps and feature development
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks, constraints, and trade-offs, propose potential solutions, and drive toward resolution
- Experience in AB Testing methods, including statistical analysis
- Intellectually curious, high energy and possess a strong work ethic
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in analytics tools such as: SQL, Excel, R, Hadoop/Hive, DOMO, spark, Adobe or Google Analytics etc. or equivalent technologies
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and complexity, and leverage a forward-looking mindset
To apply for this job please visit jobs.target.com.