Website Alliance to Save Energy
Location: Washington DC
Salary: $40,000-50,000, based on experience.
The Research & Analysis Associate is responsible for supporting the Policy & Research team on tasks related to Active Efficiency, the Energy Efficiency Impact Report and general energy efficiency research and data analysis. This individual will report to the Vice President of Research & Analysis and will be expected to work collaboratively across the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Support the VP of Research & Analysis’ management of primary Strategic Initiatives, including the Active Efficiency Collaborative. Includes supporting the Steering Committee by maintaining the roster, scheduling, and managing meeting logistics.
- Develop content for the Collaborative website, with a focus on supporting case study development.
- Provide research assistance, including drafting and editing Collaborative deliverables and responding to requests for data or fact-checking related to active efficiency.
EE Impact Report & 50×50 Action Network
- Conduct research and draft content as requested by the Research & Analysis VP and Manager.
General Research & Analysis
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on federal energy efficiency legislation, policies and programs, including researching existing initiatives and scoping new proposals.
- Respond to requests for data or fact-checking related to energy efficiency policies and proposals, including preparation of relevant graphs, tables, slides, and presentation materials.
- Contribute to the preparation of whitepapers, fact sheets, and digital content (blog posts, articles and other media pieces, etc.) in support of Alliance research efforts.
- Provide support to the senior research and policy staff on projects and research initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field with strong analytical emphasis (e.g. science, engineering, political sciences).
- Master’s degree preferred, and/or 2+ years of professional experience in a policy-related field.
- Experience working with external stakeholders including policymakers, regulators, and program managers.
- Demonstrated skills in data and policy analysis
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Willingness to learn new topics
- Collaborative work ethic
About the Alliance
The Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit, bipartisan coalition of business, government, environmental and consumer leaders advocating for enhanced energy productivity to achieve economic growth, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security, affordability and reliability.
To apply for this job please visit www.ase.org.