Website Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
Location: Boston, MA
Salary: $58,390.54 – $83,591.56 Yearly
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) is responsible for implementing the state’s Renewable, Alternative, and Clean Peak Energy Portfolio Standard (RPS, APS, CPS) programs, which include the RPS Class I, Class II, and Solar Carve-Out (SREC) programs, the Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target (SMART) program, the APS Renewable Thermal program, and the CPS program. DOER is looking to hire a Renewable Energy Program Coordinator to assist in the implementation of these programs. The Renewable Energy Program Coordinator’s contributions will primarily support the Commonwealth’s incentive programs and will be responsible for program data management, application review and processing, and communications with applicants and stakeholders. The Renewable Energy Program Coordinator will also support renewable energy programs and policy more generally as needed.
- Review and approve Statement of Qualification Applications
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding the eligibility of Generation Units and the application process
- Ensure that all qualified projects meet program eligibility criteria
- Draft and issue Statement of Qualifications to eligible Generation Units
- Maintain Accurate Program Records
- Maintain program tracking databases
- Develop and publish reports and summaries of program statuses
- Periodically provide programmatic data to federal government and other stakeholders
- Perform other duties as required
- Project organization and development skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical and policy information.
- Experience in renewable energy technologies, project applications and market and financing barriers.
- Understanding of state government’s roles in renewable energy and climate change activities.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full time, or equivalent part-time, professional, administrative or managerial experience in business administration, business management or public administration the major duties of which involved program management, program administration, program coordination, program planning and/or program analysis, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the-required experience.*
- A Graduate degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
To apply for this job please visit massanf.taleo.net.