Locations: Indianapolis, IN; Johnston, IA; Calgary, Alberta
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – enriching the lives of those who produce and those who consume for generations to come.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
The overall objective of this position is to help Corteva’s Enriching Lives Together Sustainability Strategy and lead implementation of our 2030 sustainability goals in North America. For this, the Sustainable Development Manager will be responsible for working across our seed, crop protection and digital portfolios to support sustainable development. This position coordinates with internal collaborators in the region, including External Affairs, Commercial, and Research. This position will serve as the interface with external collaborators on sustainability projects. This position can be located in Johnston, IA, Indianapolis, IN, or Washington, DC but travel to other areas to support activities will be expected.
- Lead development and implementation of locally relevant sustainability programs.
- Engage with a range of external stakeholders and associations, maintain current relationships, and support partnerships that advance sustainability and sustainable development
- Consult with the regional business leaders (External Affairs, Research & Development, Commercial, etc.) to embed the Enriching Lives Together Sustainability Strategy in the region, align with regional strategy, and contribute to commercial objectives.
- Scope out business cases for sustainability projects; identify and source partners and funding for projects and oversee project implementation
- Assess current operational practices, develop plans for new practices or change existing practices and then assess how effective the new or changed practices are at achieving Corteva’s sustainability goals and broad ESG topics.
- Analyze sustainability data using a variety of research methods to generate actionable insights for improving the performance of the sustainability program and contributing to business results.
- Work collaboratively and transparently with the global sustainability team; share progress, identify best practices and challenges; inform the path for regional goal targets; bring local guidance to strategy decisions, investments and discussions; inform materiality assessment; create bottom-up strategy recommendations.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- A commercial/legal/development degree with post graduate studies in international development, environmental and social sustainability and/or corporate citizenship
- 5-8 years of relevant experience:
- Implementing community development and/or supply chain and/or human rights projects in rural environments and least developed countries
- Interacting with high level with commercial and governmental and NGO stakeholders.
- Participatory development of plans and strategies
- Knowledge & understanding of development partner engagement, financing, fund raising
- Good interpersonal skills and public speaking. Ability to effectively build relationships with internal colleagues, research partners, external customers and key influencers. Interaction with customers expected.
- Active knowledge of and interest in sustainability trends and measurement strategies in the food/agriculture industry to ensure that proper sustainability benchmarks are established and maintained.
- Strong organizational management skills, including experience working within a matrixed, decentralized organization.
- A high level of business/commercial acumen together with strong analytical skills
- Able to design and execute work with minimal supervision, demonstrated through project management, relationship management, or equivalent. Self-starter and independent.
- Solid time management skills, with ability to track, manage, and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines rapidly-evolving environment.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in at least one regionally relevant language.
- Planning, budget and financial management experience a plus.
- Willing to travel, in accordance with corporate and applicable government travel and safety policies.
This job is posted on Linkedin. Please follow the links below to apply based on location:
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.