Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft’s Real Estate, Development, Operations, & Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) team is developing strategies to support our net-zero environmental, social and governance goals. We are hiring a Real Estate Sustainability Intern to manage operational initiatives such as measuring current emissions, implementing emission elimination strategies, and exploring future solutions. Our diverse portfolio of leases includes office, industrial, retail, parking, and lab spaces with a variety of equipment and operational uses supporting all Lyft lines of business globally. We’re seeking a motivated individual to bridge silos and facilitate collaboration between our cross functional subject matter experts in Construction, Facilities Management, Architecture & Design, Lease Administration, and Real Estate Management in order to achieve our objectives.
This is a summer 2022 internship. Candidates must be available during this term.
- Gathering and compiling data measuring usage of various emissions sources from our portfolio of leased locations, and reporting that information to cross functional stakeholders
- Researching alternative building and equipment solutions to reduce emissions at our leased facilities
- Researching industry best practices for calculating indirect emissions usage related to our global real estate portfolio
- Managing project goals and timelines
- Liaising with third-party utility management service and onboarding vendors to usage tracking programs
- Undergraduate or graduate candidates with an interest or focus in Real Estate, Architecture, Design, Construction, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) or Project Management
- Experience with sustainability metrics and reporting preferred
- Good with database and record keeping, experience performing qualitative research and/or data analysis preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word, or equivalent software
- Exceptional problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Proven self-starter with an entrepreneurial and scrappy spirit
- Knowledge of Lyft’s brand and mission
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.