The Project Manager, National Strategic Engagement (NSE) leads the implementation of projects and programs that support Elevate’s mission and focus throughout the state of Michigan, but will also support programs, as needed, in Missouri, Wisconsin, and Illinois. The Project Manager maintains client relationships and assists with program development for specific initiatives related to affordable housing and sustainable communities, with an emphasis on energy and water efficiency and renewable energy. The Project Manager, NSE, collaborates with others in the NSE team across our markets and with core service teams of Elevate, as well as with key partner organizations in Michigan.
The Project Manager, NSE, reports directly to the Director, Midwest Market Development and Strategy. The position is located in Michigan and is currently remote.
- Implement new programs and strategies focused on improving and preserving affordable housing and sustainable communities.
- Manage projects related to affordable housing and community development, specifically high-performing building certifications and concierge services to building owners.
- Assist with energy and water assessments, including documenting complex mechanical systems, collecting inputs for detailed engineering calculations and load modeling, developing energy and water efficiency and renewable energy strategies, and leading report development.
- Support customer engagement across all markets, including maintaining client relationships, preparing for and participating in client meetings, developing proposals and presentations, and coordinating with relationship managers across teams.
- Stay current on affordable housing policies, energy efficiency and green design trends, and available financial and program offerings for building owners and developers.
- Represent Elevate with external clients to promote recruitment of clients in existing program participation or new contracts.
- Connect partner organizations and clients with expertise and resources from across Elevate, such as high-performance buildings, municipal consulting, solar, contractor development and other programs.
- Coordinate across teams and with partner organizations on projects and support client delivery of programs.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for engineering, architecture, or building science
- Five or more years of relevant experience in energy efficiency, building science, utility, or other related work
- Certifications or experience with energy auditing of buildings or building performance standards (BPI, HERS, LEED, Passive House, etc.)
- Experience in and knowledge of multifamily buildings/building systems
- Experience engaging and managing client relationships
- Project management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to engage with clients, partner organizations, stakeholders, and industry partners
- Strong focus on quality customer service
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to travel as required
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
To apply for this job please visit www.elevatenp.org.