Location: Palo Alto, California
Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. One of the most important parts of our products is the EV battery. The mining and processing of key materials needed for the battery such as lithium, nickel, cobalt and graphite can have significant environmental and social impacts.
We are looking for a Project Manager to support our efforts to reduce GHG emissions and address environmental and social risks in our battery supply chain, particularly related to mining and refining.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and develop responses to environmental and social risks Tesla’s battery supply chain
- Collect and analyze supplier CO2 / GHG data
- Collaborate with Tesla internal stakeholders to deploy supplier GHG programs
- Conduct and review Life Cycle Analyses (LCAs)
- Review suppliers’ sustainability reporting and conduct qualitative analysis on content
- Review audit and NGO reports
- Monitor suppliers’ audit status and corrective action plan (CAP) implementation
- Develop sustainability performance measures for supplier ESG benchmarking
- Analyze implications of existing or upcoming supply chain regulation
What You’ll Bring:
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Management, Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Chemistry
- Understanding of environmental and social risks in mineral supply chains, incl. deforestation, tailings, water and air pollution, labor conditions
- Understanding of methodologies to collect and analyze environmental data, for example LCA, carbon footprinting, GBA GHG Rulebook, etc.
- Excellent research and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and with multiple competing priorities
- Strong ability to organize and analyze data from diverse sources to communicate findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Knowledge of mining and battery metals processing, including of the regional contexts in which battery metals are mined
- Chinese / Mandarin language skills
- Basic knowledge of responsible sourcing standards and frameworks, including the OECD Due Diligence Guidances, the Initiative for Responsible Minerals Assurance (IRMA) Standard
- Tableau, strong Excel skills, data collection
Compensation + Benefits:
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$68,000 – $252,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.