Location: Ventura, CA
As Program Manager, Supply Chain Social Responsibility, you will be leading the development, implementation and monitoring of cutting-edge supply chain programs that aim to protect human rights, empower workers and strengthen supplier practices. You will identify key performance indicators and design metrics and reporting tools to communicate program impact internally and externally. These programs aim to serve the spectrum of the supply chain from farms to mills to finished goods. This role will require you to work closely with all team members in Social Responsibility (SR) and cross functionally with Production and Material Development teams to gain the trust and cooperation of our supply chain partners, who are vital to the success of these programs. Additionally, your expertise in supply chain issues and experience in crisis management, will see you leading external engagements with select NGOs that advance our commitment to being a transparent and responsible business. You will design and deploy strategies in partnership with SER leaders and the Policy & Communications team.
This is a mid-level manager position with great opportunity for learning and growth. As part of a dynamic team that works to “save our home planet” by mitigating risk for workers, suppliers and our company you will be at the forefront of addressing critical human and labor rights issues and ethical dilemmas.
Program Management (>70%):
- Manage established programs, such as Fair Trade, Responsible Purchasing Practices and Regenerative Organic. To ensure continued success of these programs you will be working closely with certification bodies, participating factories and farms to adhere to standards and requirements. Additionally, you will work with our business teams to understand ongoing needs and provide updates on program impact.
- Develop program content, procedures, communication tools, performance metrics, and where needed secure budget, for emerging programs, including:
- Gender Equity
- Worker Voice
- Supply Chain Grants
- You will identify and build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to scale and help gain traction and continuity of these programs.
- Develop future plans for each program with goals, deliverables, strategies and budgets defined.
- Stay abreast of evolving supply chain issues and propose programs that will help prevent or mitigate risk.
External Stakeholder Engagement:
- Lead engagements with non-profits that hold us accountable. This could mean answering to NGOs that publicly score our SER performance to activist NGOs who seek a response on any number of human and labor rights issues. You will strategize, plan, and execute responses with support from the Sr. Director and Director of SR, and our Policy & Comms team.
- Where appropriate you will initiate or participate in brand collaborations and industry coalitions that help resolve or mitigate risks from shared supply chain issues.
- You may be asked to represent Patagonia at speaking engagements including industry conferences, academic forums, etc.
- You will compose responses to public enquiries about our SER practices received by our customer service center.
Human Rights Due Diligence (HRDD) Support:
- Support data collection for Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) reporting and human rights and due diligence (HRDD) disclosure requirements by the US, EU and other countries/regions.
SER Marketing Liaison:
- Act as the conduit between SER and Marketing teams to ensure SER-related content on our website, in marketing campaigns and other public forums have been vetted by SER and legal for completeness and accuracy.
Subject Matter Expert Resource:
- Social responsibility needs and priorities of the supply chain are ever changing. You will contribute your expertise and provide technical support on projects on an as needed basis.
Who You Are
- Organizational and strategic agility: Creates and articulates highly effective strategic visions; Can articulate a clear strategy and plan for improving business operations.
- Problem solving: Brings an understanding of systems and processes to determine optimal results; Continuous improvement mindset to consistently solve complex issues, while proactively preventing negative trends or experiences.
- Collaboration: Establishes open communication and partnership with internal & external teams to achieve positive results.
- Results oriented: Skillfully crafts effective work plans, organizing people and tasks to achieve a desired result.
- BA/BS Minimum, MA/MS Preferred.
- 7+ years experience developing and managing corporate social responsibility programs and responsible supply chains in apparel.
- 3+ years experience with sustainable compliance activities including social audits, root cause analysis, capacity building and management systems set up.
- Expert-level knowledge of supply chain human and labor rights issues, workplace standards and best practices.
- Hands-on experience working with supply chain partners, industry peers and NGOs to remediate and resolve conflicts and non-compliances.
- Thorough understanding of sustainable compliance activities including social audits, root cause analysis, capacity building and management systems set up.
- Astuteness in qualitative and quantitative data collection, management and reporting.
- Experience operationalizing social programs of varying complexity, budget.
To apply for this job please visit patagonia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.