Location: San Francisco, CA; Mountain View, CA; Washington, DC; New York, NY; or Remote in California.
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. As part of the Finance Business Intelligence team, you will use data to inform business and product decisions across the company. Using your technical skills, business acumen and creativity, you will build tools to automate reporting and generate insight that will allow clients to quickly and accurately see how our key business products and processes are performing. Previous experience managing finance systems projects, with emphasis on providing business intelligence and data driven insight through reporting, will have equipped you well for this role. You’ll be involved in projects from inception to delivery, ensuring that your reporting delivers high-quality and relevant data to intelligently grow our business. You will also have extensive knowledge of key financial systems, such as Oracle and Hyperion, and experience working with a range of other business intelligence tools and platforms.
The Global Sustainability Team drives the development and implementation of Google’s cross-functional sustainability strategy to further empower action, ensure alignment, drive prioritization, identify leadership opportunities, mitigate risks, and secure financial/engineering investment. We lead sustainability strategy and programs on carbon, circular economy, water, product solutions, reporting, and employee engagement.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Partner with Google product areas and Global Sustainability Team’s leadership. Define metrics and key performance indicator that will enable Google tracking progress towards our user commitment.
- Develop greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting methodologies to quantify the impact that our product sustainability solutions have based on attributional and consequential life cycle assessment methodologies.
- Collaborate with Google product areas and Product teams to develop the KPIs, metrics, and data pipelines to quantify product environmental impact. Support scientific research on quantification as needed.
- Partner with Global Sustainability Team data lead to develop tracking dashboards and automated reporting platforms.
- Participate in industry-wide working groups to define accounting methodologies and standards. Publish thought leadership pieces on Google’s approach to product benefit quantification.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Ecology, Biology, Economics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), carbon footprints, or quantification of environmental attributes (i.e., for products and services).
- Experience with consequential and attributional methodologies.
- Experience gathering data to complete LCAs.
- Experience working with databases, SQL database queries/analysis, and other scripting/programming languages (e.g., Plx, SQL, Python, and Apps Script).
- Experience developing accounting methodologies using life cycle management knowledge.
- Knowledge of measurement, statistics, and program evaluation.
- Ability to work well on a cross-functional team with a focus on sharing knowledge and collaborating.
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts with multiple cross-regional and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis, and trends.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.