Location: Redmond, WA
The Responsible Sourcing team is accountable for the environmental, health and safety, human rights, ethics, and security impacts of our hardware supply chain. Our Microsoft mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We believe that everything we do reflects the people that make and use our products. We are committed to continue to drive meaningful and sustainable impact in all that we do. We are looking for a motivated and experienced leader to join our team to develop and manage responsible sourcing programs for Microsoft’s hardware supply chain.
As the Principal for Responsible Sourcing Labor & Ethics, you will advance our strategy and programs focused on fair and ethical supply chain management. You will have the opportunity to further embed responsible sourcing practices across the product lifecycle with the partner teams internally and with partners externally. In collaboration with other responsible sourcing leaders, you will work to ensure that we understand our stakeholders needs and that this translates back into strategy and programming. This includes supply chain programming around labor and ethics including supplier management, stakeholder engagement and communications, reporting, training, capability building and disclosures. You will strengthen the relationships we have with different stakeholders to unlock more opportunities for impact and shared value.
This position is based in Redmond and will report to the Senior Director of Responsible Sourcing and Supply Chain Security. You will join a team of experts responsible for the end-to-end hardware supply chain integrity program.
- Lead holistic strategy development for supply chain social accountability programs focused on labor and ethics. This includes the strategy for supplier management, transparency and stakeholder engagement and manage execution across different functional areas.
- Develop and manage all responsible sourcing- labor and ethics related stakeholder communications and disclosures including external Modern Slavery Statement, Supply Chain Responsibility/Sustainability reports and web assets.
- Co-develop strategies to further advance the human rights program for the hardware supply chain and associated roadmap for execution.
- Research, analyze and communicate relevant legal, regulatory, customer and other stakeholder expectations/requirements/standards, best practices and provide strategic guidance to senior leadership.
- Manage team of experts and external resources to deliver strategy, roadmap and capability building programs including relevant learning resources to support the overall strategy.
- Collaborate with the broader responsible sourcing leadership team to plan, develop, implement and communicate requirements to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate to build the team’s expertise in social, labor, human rights and ethics and facilitate an inclusive and diverse culture we are all proud to be in.
- 10+ years of demonstrated hands on work experience in human rights, labor and ethics hardware supply chain that includes progressive and diversified industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years in leadership capacity with similar function and scope, proven ability to influence and drive change across functions and private-public partnerships.
- Minimum 7 years team management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, advance degree preferred.
- Expertise in labor, ethics and human rights due diligence and programming.
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express related concepts in verbal and written forms at all levels of management and to senior management for partners with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated team and project management, analytical and collaboration skills.
- A high level of enthusiasm, creativity, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and effectiveness as a team player with experience of leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes.
- Commitment to investing in your own and team’s growth and development.
- Experience in successful implementation of quality and environmental management systems to ISO 9000/14001 and other applicable standards preferred.
- Experience in environment, social, and governance (ESG) frameworks and preferred.
- Advanced user Excel and PowerPoint, Power BI preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, domestic and international travel may be required.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.