Website Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
Location: Washington, DC
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES): Our mission is to secure a safe and stable climate by accelerating the transition to a thriving, just, and resilient low-carbon economy. We are widely recognized as an influential voice on climate issues, a trusted convener, and a credible source of expertise and analysis. We work closely with international climate negotiators; federal, state, and local policymakers; executives of Fortune 500 businesses; and a wide range of other stakeholders to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization.
Our organizational values: We are ambitious and practical, advancing effective solutions that push the boundaries of the achievable. We are open-minded and inclusive, seeking out and considering a wide range of voices, views, and approaches. We are people-focused, dedicated to improving human well-being and recognizing that respect and empathy are central to success. We are one team, working collaboratively, communicating openly, making ourselves accessible to each other, and treating one another with kindness and respect.
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) seeks a Press Secretary to direct media engagement and execution of C2ES’s communications strategy. Primary responsibilities include direct media engagement, production of talking points and media releases, and managing print interviews and tv and radio bookings. The Press Secretary will also support development of communications strategy, management of the C2ES website, social media strategy, execution of live and virtual events, and other activities promoting C2ES products and activities to engage policymakers, the business community, the energy and climate research community, other stakeholders, and the general public. Qualified applicants will have 3 or more years of communications experience, strong existing relationships with climate and energy media contacts, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain and develop relationships with climate and energy policy reporters?and manage media inquiries for staff and background information
- Draft press releases and talking points for C2ES publication releases and interviews
- Develop relationships to facilitate regular radio and tv bookings?for C2ES President and fellows and manage necessary media training
- Manage media lists and social media engagement with journalists
- Draft media plans for product and publication rollouts, including fact sheets and resources for journalists
- Maintain a catalog of issue-focused talking points to be deployed and updated as needed
- Coordinate background meetings with reporters and fellows or senior staff
- Collaborate to plan and execute in-person and virtual events
- Act as spokesperson for C2ES as necessary.
- Maintains an active and extensive network of influential reporters and columnists in the fields of climate, energy, environment, economics, and financial institutions, working in in the United States and internationally
- Excellent written and oral skills
- 3 or more years of work experience in the communications field, including extensive experience working with and pitching journalists with tier one outlets and trade publications
- Ability to think critically and work collaboratively and/or independently as needed
- Proficiency in WordPress, Cision, Canva, Zoom Webinar, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro is preferred
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public policy, environmental studies, or a related field.
$75,000-92,000 annually, depending on background and experience. Excellent benefits.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.