Website Elemental Excelerator
Location: Remote, working hours in sync with one HQ location (more info below)
Help Us Design and Accelerate Policy Solutions to Climate Change. Elemental is seeking a passionate doer to join its growing Policy team as an Analyst or Manager (depending on your experience level)! In this role you’ll be a critical operator and coordinator across multiple internal and external partners to support Elemental’s policy efforts. An ideal candidate will have experience optimally managing multiple projects as the same time and be at ease working in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, and mission-aligned environment.
About Elemental Excelerator
Elemental Excelerator is on a mission to redesign the systems at the root of climate change. In 2009, we launched a new non-profit model for funding climate tech deployment. Breaking down barriers to innovation alongside entrepreneurs provides us unique insight into the policy, market, and technology innovation needed to build systems to uplift people and communities around the world. Elemental has invested in over 100 growth-stage companies and celebrated more than a dozen exits, funded more than 70 technology projects, and built a platform for scaling equitable, market-driven solutions to climate change. At Elemental, we blend a growth mindset with the diverse backgrounds and roots of our team, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged.
Research, writing, interviewing, and sharing
- Compiling proof points and writing case studies that support policy changes
- Collaborating with others on the policy team to support content creation, publication, and dissemination to key audiences
- Researching policies and policy-makers, and turning research into written/published/shareable insights and recommendations
- Managing projects towards internal and external deadlines
- Scheduling for and supporting the overall functioning of the policy team
- Passion for Elemental’s mission of accelerating equitable solutions to climate change
- 3-5 years of work experience in policy, writing/journalism, or a related field
- Strong project management skills; detailed and thorough; adept at meeting deadlines and consistently following through to completion of projects
- Desire to continuously learn and grow
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, highly collaborative atmosphere and to thrive on a fast-paced team
- Team-first attitude and willingness to contribute to Elemental’s mission beyond your core role
- Experience in a climate, sustainability, and/or environmental justice related field. •
- Experience with campaigns or other public-facing organizing activities.
Other Details: We will consider candidates located anywhere in the U.S., however you will be expected to be available during working hours in one of our HQ locations, Honolulu, Hawaiʻi or East Palo Alto, California, and when in-person work resumes be able to travel to our HQs (e.g., quarterly).
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample online at www.elementalexcelerator.com/jobs. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis. Although all applications will be considered, we may be unable to respond to all inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit www.elementalexcelerator.com.