Website Estée Lauder Companies
Location: New York, NY
The Global Online Sustainability Manager will be responsible for delivering the corporate sustainability goals across the Global Online and Supply Chain functions and leading Online Sustainability initiatives.
S/he will be the primary point of contact and will drive the Online Sustainability roadmap and the collaboration between the Global Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability (GCCS) Team, the Online Leadership team, the Global Online Supply Chain team, as well as global and regional functions. This position will be a direct report to the Global Online Supply Chain Director. S/he will work to develop and deploy processes and technologies to minimize negative impacts on the environment while optimizing and supporting Online brand, retailer, and 3PP sales growth.
This is a hands-on role which will require the ability to create a global Online Sustainability implementation roadmap aligned with the corporate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals, influence change in a matrix environment, and ultimately lead the cross-functional implementation of Online Sustainability projects in all regions.
- Work together with Online Leadership Team and Global Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability (GCCS) Team to build and execute a Global Online Sustainability strategy to deliver the corporate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals: Responsible Sourcing, Packaging Sortation, Emissions, Packaging, Ingredient Transparency, Learning / Employee Safety, Social Investments & Employee Engagement
- Manage global and regional implementation projects supporting the Global Online Sustainability strategy.
- In partnership with the Corporate sustainability team, the Online leadership team, and the Global Online Supply Chain teams, define and drive sustainability KPIs and systems to report on and drive our progress, including environmental and cost benefits. Implement a data-driven sustainability culture.
- Maintain Online Sustainability Playbooks with a menu of options for ELC brands to choose from, and ensure they are always updated to reflect best practices, newest trends, consumer preferences and local regulations.
- Fully understand and monitor eCommerce consumer sustainability expectations in ELC key markets. Ensure all initiatives exceed both our consumer expectations and corporate goals.
- Drive thought-leadership and share eCommerce sustainable best practices and industry trends with regional and global team members.
- Ensure strong connection and communication occur across all functions as it relates to Online sustainability strategy and activities.
- 5+ years of project management experience in a multi-branded, prestige beauty or retail industry with a high-profile consumer brand strongly preferred.
- BA/BS required, master’s degree in sustainability or environmental science preferred.
- Must be able to translate corporate sustainability goals and vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision. Must mirror the values and positioning of each brand at all times.
- Understanding of the sustainability landscape in global markets, such as the UK and China is preferred. International work experience preferred.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement with key groups including but not limited to: employees, consumers, communities, NGOs, government officials and other individuals/entities of influence.
- Must possess strong writing and presentation development skills.
- Experience with reputation building, creativity and innovation in the sustainability area.
- Self-starter with exceptional organizational skills; must possess a sustainability mindset and be a problem solver, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams.
- Experience communicating and marketing sustainability efforts.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elcompanies.com.