Location: Beaverton, OR
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
As the North America Sustainable Transportation Manager, co-lead the North America Transportation Network Sustainability strategy, drive innovation, and implement new ways of moving product across first, middle, and last mile. You will translate how North America transportation contributes to the Nike, Inc. sustainability targets and design the roadmap to achieve the results. You will collaborate across North America supply chain and key functions to holistically embed sustainability within transportation performance, vendor relationships and operational decision making. You will be the voice of sustainable transportation within cross-functional projects and proactively support partners across the supply chain to ensure sustainability is embedded into business execution and root cause analysis.
- Lead the sustainable transportation roadmap and achievement of our enterprise Move to Zero Carbon & Waste targets
- Bring sustainable innovation and support the roll out of low carbon fuels, multi-modal options, increased fill rate opportunities, and new retail models from a logistics angle, to name some key examples.
- Support the growth and scale of omnichannel distribution and transportation capabilities by embedding sustainability requirements into network design and vendor partnerships.
- Ideate and implement innovative solutions including process transformation initiatives, large infrastructure projects, robotics, and partnerships that support our geography’s scaled growth.
- Work cross functionally with internal and external business partners to represent sustainability transportation capability requirements.
- Champion sustainability, innovation, and continuous process improvement within the North America Trade & Transportation team
- 3+ years of experience in Logistics/Supply Chain, with a passion for Sustainability and experience working on transportation network design, implementation, and vendor management experience
- Analytical, with validated experience using data to tackle complex issues
- Continuous process improvement approach
- Effective at leading various projects and engaging diverse partners
- Self-driven and solution oriented. Comfortable with ambiguity
- Proficient communication skills in English, spoken and written
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nike.com.