Website The Bridgespan Group
Location: All US offices or Remote
Note: Interested candidates may reach out to Erb alumna, Caroline Larose, at email@example.com to be connected with a current employee and learn more.
The Bridgespan Group is the leading nonprofit consulting organization serving ambitious nonprofit leaders, philanthropists, and impact investors. We work with social change organizations such as the Harlem Children’s Zone, UnidosUS and PolicyLink; philanthropies such as the Ford Foundation; impact investors such as TPG’s Rise Fund and Black Ambition; and bold, collaborative initiatives such as TED’s Audacious Project, Blue Meridian Partners and Co-Impact.
We value diversity, passion, respect, candor, and most of all having social impact and working towards societies characterized by equity and justice. Equity is central to all that we do. Our mission to break cycles of poverty is impossible if we do not also achieve equity, and racial equity in the U.S., given the intersection of issues of race and racism with poverty and justice. We have made a public commitment to anti-racism (statement is here) and more importantly are doing the essential work to build a team and leadership at all levels that is racially diverse, develop a truly inclusive culture, and integrate a focus on racial equity in all our client work.
If you want to work with the market leader that bridges the worlds of game-changing philanthropists, social change leaders, and impact investors, then Bridgespan is the place for you.
Bridgespan is currently seeking experienced strategy consulting Managers. Managers who join Bridgespan traditionally are in good standing with a leading strategy consulting firm and join Bridgespan because of a passion to make greater social impact and a desire to work full time in the nonprofit sector. The Manager role is viewed as a senior role within the firm, a true stepping stone to Partner where consultants develop expertise in team and client management, while also developing specific thought leadership in a practice area central to Bridgespan’s mission. Managers oversee the formulation and implementation of strategic recommendations to improve the performance of Bridgespan’s clients. Managers build and maintain client relationships, provide leadership and supervision to case team members and assume responsibility for the analytical process by which case teams create value.
Case Team Leadership
- Identify and frame the most critical strategic and organizational issues facing Bridgespan’s clients
- Develop and manage a team workplan to ensure the highest quality, data-driven analyses and client interactions, implementation-ready solutions
- Provide operational leadership to the case team to ensure on-time execution of key deliverables, balancing the fulfillment of team goals with the professional growth and satisfaction of individuals
- Effectively manage the formal and informal professional development of team members through skill planning, coaching, and performance feedback
Client Relationship Management
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative senior client relationships with respect to objectives, critical issues, work plan, implications, recommendations, potential risks/roadblocks, and implementation plan
- Facilitate client decision making using all modes of communication: formal and informal; written and verbal (1-on-1, small group, large group presentation)
- Develop advisory relationships with clients, as well as other sector leaders, “above and beyond” the case work issues
- Lead and contribute to firm-building initiatives as a member of the Bridgespan management team (e.g., recruiting)
- Identify and deliver knowledge insights from case experiences that will be broadly applicable to others in the sector
- Lead the professional development of junior staff members. Participate in consensus reviews for non team members
- Contribute to the firm’s racial equity and global mindset priorities
- Serve in various ad-hoc leadership capacities (e.g., office retreat, alumni relations, and community service activities)
- Contribute to the firm’s knowledge strategy by developing and writing case studies, generating research projects from client work and serving as a subject matter resource to other case teams
- 4 years or more of consulting experience (post graduate school) with at least 1 year as Manager, Engagement Manager, or Principal with a leading for-profit strategy consulting firm is strongly preferred.
- Post-graduate degree from a leading institution (MBA, MPP, MPA)
- Significant experience in both process and project management
- Proven ability to engage in strategic issues
- Significant interest in the nonprofit sector
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to use data to drive insights
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build senior level client relationships
- Experience and proficiency with addressing issues of racial equity and systemic racism
- Ability to effectively supervise/manage team members, including across lines of different and build inclusive team environments
- Ability to meet deadlines, often within very tight timeframes
At Bridgespan, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because we are passionate about helping our clients achieve breakthrough results. An organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and their beneficiaries will produce deeper relationships, engagement, and insights. Bridgespan is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve diverse organizations, and are committed to non-discrimination. Bridgespan will not discriminate against any employee with respect to any term or condition of employment, including but not limited to less favorable treatment, exclusion from employment or employment opportunities (including hiring, assignment, performance assessment and promotion) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, expression, veteran’s status or other protected characteristics or status. We actively partner with organizations representing minority concerns and interests to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve.
All company sponsored programs including training, job, social and recreational activities are required to be nondiscriminatory and all human resource practices are monitored to ensure equal opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.